Even though I'm far stronger than the two of them combined, I don't really try to fight them off. Deep down I know they're only helping her and they're right, but that doesn't stop me from protesting as they drag me out.

"No! (Y/N)! No! Please! I need to be with her! (Y/N) no!" I exclaim desperately. Just before they shut the door on my face the last thing I see is my wife's lifeless body in the hospital bed. "Look after her please. Please make sure she's okay," I say weakly as they disappear back inside.

When the door clicks shut I press my head and fists against it wanting to punch something.

"Why?" I whimper as I silently sob to myself. "Why us?"

"Mr Barnes sir? If you could please come take a seat over here. The doctors are doing everything they can and we will keep you updated," someone says from behind me.

I turn around to face them, confused and disorientated. How can they expect me to just sit there when my wife and baby are in trouble? If I can't get to one I'm going to get to the other.

"No," I mumble under my breath. "No no no, I need- I need to find our baby. What way did the doctor go?"

"No James, please-"

"Where are they!" I shout angrily, sick and tired of no one helping me.

The nurse looks at me scared before pointing towards a specific door. Immediately I head towards it and burst in. All I can see is the doctors back as he leans over a table. Suddenly I'm scared to interrupt, knowing that he's trying to save my child. Without realising it I hold my breath in anticipation until finally I hear a strangled cry.

A relieved sob escapes my lips as everything hits me at once. That's my babies cry, they're alive. It's the first sound they've ever made, music to my ears. The doctor hears that I'm in there and I can see the way he carefully picks up the baby before turning to me.

"Mr Barnes, congratulations, you have a baby boy." He smiles softly at me.

Tears of happiness blur my eyes as I take the tiny baby into my arms but the minute I see his little face it is clear as day. I'm sure that nothing will ever compare to this moment. He squirms around and cries for a few seconds, his tint hands reaching for me until finally he blinks and just settles and stares up at me, going quiet.

"Hey baby boy." I croak through my tears. "Hey. It's so good to finally meet you."

Carefully I hold him up against my chest and support his head as I press kisses to it. He's absolutely amazing. Out of the corner of my eye I see the doctor watching patiently and I smile at him gratefully, he just nods modestly.

"You're one lucky, loved baby you know that little one. You're so special. I love you so much," I whisper.

He makes soft little gurgling sounds as he stirs and naturally I start to sway slowly, bouncing him up and down a tiny bit.

It's like just for a second nothing else matters except for the fact that he is here in my arms.

"Do you have a name?" The doctor steps forward and asks.

I think back to the names that we discussed and the final ones we came to for a boy or a girl.

"Theo." I say softly with a smile that I can't contain. "Short for Theodore."

"How lovely." The doctor beams. "Now, to explain what happened was that the umbilical cord was wrapped around your son's neck, cutting off his oxygen supply but once I got it removed he started breathing naturally so he's completely fine and healthy. The only thing I would be concerned about is the fact that he didn't get to come into contact with his mothers skin right after he was born but I wouldn't worry too much, he's touched you, his father, now and it's mostly a comfort and warmth thing so he's going to be just fine. If you don't mind I am going to need to take him and check him over, test him for your abilities much like Mr Rogers daughter. After that I'll wrap him up and then he's going to need to rest but he can do that with you. But for the moment if you don't mind I'll take him."