Chapter Ten: Black Sweater

Začít od začátku

"Yes he came home around eleven, drunk but in one piece" her voice hinting anger or frustration or both.

A wave of relief washing over me. He's safe.

"Oh, okay, I'm sorry I-"

"No, no, I'm sorry for never telling either of you Alex, but your mother and I did it for your own good. I have too go now but I will talk to you soon okay?"

"Okay, thanks Anne and if Harry needs anything let me know"

"Will do, and Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't let this change the way you love Harold" The line goes dead as the tears begin prick at my eyes.

How can it not change anything, she doesn't know what he's feeling and how wrong it is.

I grab my bag and slip out of the tiny silver car. The bell rings before I can make it to our "meeting spot" so I make my way to first period. I look back at Harry's usual parking space. It's empty for the first time since last year.

Four weeks

It's been Four weeks since I've seen Harry. The night at millennium park was the last time I remember seeing him. Every time I called Anne all she would say is that he's okay and that she had to go. Giving me no other information.

Knowing that she had no reason to lie to me, it eased my nerves. But the ache in my chest never went away.The thought that Harry's absences at school had to do with me was gnawing at the back of my mind. I missed him so much.

When I went to go visit him the first couple of days he was MIA, Anne told me he would go out all day then come back at night. She wouldn't see him at all sometimes, but she knew he was home when she felt someone pull a blanket over her each night.

After the second week I eventually stopped going to his house feeling bad for interrupting Anne and her work each day. My routine has become the same since then. I wake up, drive to school, go to class, drive by Harry's house, hoping to find his truck in the drive way, but then driving straight home when I don't. Homework and dinner, alone as usual, then my favorite part of the day. Sleep. I've been taking sleeping pills to help me relax. So each night I have the pleasure of drifting off to a world where I actually got to see Harry's face. A world where Harry and I are laughing and joking around in my backyard or the park. A world where Harry and I weren't siblings. A world totally my own. A nonexistent world that only existed in my dreams. Sleep is my favorite part of the day.

At school no one seems to notice nor care where Harry's been. It seems stupid but it hurts to know that if something were to happen to him, no one would give two shits. There would only be me and the suffocating ache in my chest.

The only time when my step brother, (I only call him that when I'm sure no one can hear me, so mainly in my head) isn't on my mind, is when I get to health.

Louis had taken Harry's seat and at first my initial feeling was anger towards the blue eyed boy. How could he just sit there knowing it's taken. But after the first week it came to me that the seat was no longer Harry's.

It started with the whole "Oops, I dropped my pen, could you pass it to me?"

I rolled my eyes at his use of the oldest line in the book and all he did was smirk as I handed him the pen.

Then it turned into passing of notes that read Do you have any idea what he's talking about? or Do you think she could be any more stupid? Often I would laugh or scold him for his sense of humor. He often tries to guess interesting facts about me wondering what makes me extraordinary. So far all he's got is the fact that I can cross one eye. He was funny and nice and took my mind off Harry. So I liked health