Chapter 60 - Complete

It wasn't until their mouths touched that Kay fully understood how much she missed him. Not with the insatiable need of her succubus for his body or the magnetic pull of the vampire inside her, but with the undeniable desire of a woman for the man she loved with all of her heart, mind, and body.

They were connected on so many levels that the world beyond them ceased to exist and shrunk to just them. Neither of them held back, and everything was different.

Their first time was magical, but this exceeded everything she ever dreamed of or imagined, both overwhelming and exactly what she needed.

Her succubus took shamelessly what she craved. This was so much more than the friction of their bodies and the satiating of their physical love. His kisses set her on fire as her hands roamed his muscled torso and tangled in his hair while her mouth greedily kissed and nipped at every inch of skin she could reach.

He subtly guided their bodies toward ecstasy, which was far removed from their first night when he was so much in control of her. She could take back that power from him, as he could do to her, but at that moment, she found his gentle dominance captivating.

How was it that she did not know love was so powerful?

Marcus worked his way from her mouth to her breasts, down the curves and angles of her rib cage to her navel, and Kay groaned, discovering the connection between her belly button and her core as desire speared through her.

A needy sound escaped her, and he chuckled, skillfully continuing to play her body like a well-made instrument and drawing incoherent sounds from her as he teased her.

They had waited for this too long for her to tolerate his torment for much longer, and sensing that, he gave her what she needed.

As their bodies joined, he let go of his control, and together they crashed over the brink into rapture so intense her succubus took her over completely.

***

Her eyes were half open and so blue it was entrancing, their breathing labored, and he could not look away from what he saw there.

Their worlds were complete. Perfect. They were whole, and even if they were human with no bond and no inhuman attraction, he would never be able to live without her.

Leaning forward, he kissed her gently, but their lips clung together like their souls touched and melted into one.

A loud banging against the door startled them both, and he already knew who was at the door, and so did she. She raised her brow, and he smirked. Their guest would not intrude unless it was urgent.

"Sorry guys, I know you just had an out-of-body experience, and moving now is fucking cruel, but our masters call. Cat has located five of Thane's seedlings, and you must be on the roof in full combat gear in twenty minutes to take control of your teams. Just enough time for a shower and no funny business," Claudia teased from the other side of the door, and Marcus lowered his head until his forehead touched Kay's.

They stared at each other and grinned.

"That's plenty of time for a shower, combat uniforms, and funny business," Kay said with a suggestive smile, and if he wasn't already in love with her, that would have done it.

***

Claudia was not jealous or angry. In fact, strange as it seemed, she was happy for them. It didn't mean there would never be friction or that things would never become complicated. They understood, respected, and loved each other, each in their own way.

Even when shielding their thoughts and emotions, their feelings were too powerful to contain entirely, and the memory of a love like theirs, hurt. What she would not give to have that and actually experience the completion of that bond.