Chapter 31

It was the end of the school day, and I was packing the books from my locker into my backpack when somebody yelled boo from behind me. I got scared, and jumped in the air which caused the books I was holding to drop to the floor. I turned around to see Harry laughing silently at me.

"You idiot!" I exclaimed.

"Did I scare you?"

"What do you think?"

"Aw sorry," Harry bent down to help me get my books off of the floor and handed them to me.

"Anyways what do you need?" I asked.

"Let's go to the zoo," Harry suggested.

"The zoo?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes the zoo," Harry said.

"You want to go to the zoo?" I said as I closed my locker.

"Yes. It'll be fun! Come on please?" He begged.

"Okay. For you I will," I gave in.

"Yay!" Harry looked side to side to make sure nobody was looking before he gave me a quick kiss on the lips. 

"Yeah yeah let's just go," I rolled my eyes playfully.

***

Once we got to the zoo, we payed for our tickets. Well more like Harry payed, I tried to pay, but he would always frown at me and slap my hand away. The zoo was filled with kids and their parents. Harry walked close to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Okay so what do you wanna see first?" I asked.

"I don't know. What do they have here?" He asked.

"Well they have zebras?" I said while looking at the map.

"Okay let's go see the zebras then giraffes yeah?" 

"Sounds good," I flashed Harry a smile which he returned. 

We made our way over to where the zebras were. There were 2 older ones, and 1 smaller zebra. The smaller zebra was on it's back laying in the dirt moving it's tail while the other 2 zebras were walking around it's habitat. The smaller zebra began rolling around in the dirt.

"Aw that's cute," I smiled.

"Yes it is," Harry came behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Take a picture!"

"Okay okay," Harry grabbed his phone out of his pocket and snapped a picture. "Let's take one together."

"Okay," we stood next to each other, and I stuck my tongue out and made a pointing gesture at Harry, while Harry smiled and his dimples popped out.

"I like that picture," I smiled at it.

"I know. I look so good," Harry teased.

"Nah, I look better."

"In your dreams."

"Well looks like my dreams came true."

"Well played, Lou, well played," Harry said.

"Let's go see the giraffes now!" I tugged on Harry's hand and led him to where the giraffes were.

There were 2 giraffes. A baby one, and it's parent. Whenever the baby one would stand up, it would be a bit wobbly on it's legs. The bigger one would always follow the smaller one around. Harry and I took a selfie in front of the giraffe exhibit. It continued like that for the rest of the time. Harry and I would walk around, and take selfies in front of the exhibits. We would laugh and point out how cute the animals were. Harry said that the kangaroos were his favorite exhibit, while I said the lion was mine.