A Step Forward

"Lucifer! What happened!?" I yelled over the crowd of angels, as I tried to push my way to the front, only to be stopped by the guards that held the crowds back. "Let me through! Lucifer!" I screamed as they pushed him through the doors. As soon as he was out of sight, angels were ordered to go back to their business, but I couldn't leave without knowing. Lucifer was my friend.

"Why can't I see him?" I questioned the guard.

"Because Lucifer has been sent to be exiled. Orders contain no visitors are allowed other than those who are authorised." He stated, not even looking at me.

"Who's orders?" I probed for more information.

"God's."

I wandered the bunker's halls aimlessly, memories taking the chance to fill the emptiness in my head. Memories of the day I lost everyone. And only now, was the opportunity of getting back everyone I had ever loved, a possibility. A long shot, but I knew of hope. My brothers and sisters might not know any emotion, but it is one thing I did know of, and have known since my days of being a fledgling. It's how I got into most of my troubles.

Coming out of one memory, I noticed I had made my way to the kitchen, leaning against the entry way I noticed I could hear the faint music that Lucifer was blasting. God was making pancakes, whilst the Winchesters sat at the table behind him. Earlier hadn't gone too well between Lucifer and him, hence the current result.

"Talk to him." Sam urged, trying to get the two celestial beings to sort things out.

"Won't do any good."

"Why not?" Sam questioned further.

"Because I can't give him what he wants." God admitted.

"And what's that?" Dean questioned

"What everyone wants. My sister, my children, you humans – an apology. A big, wet "I'm sorry"." God answered.

"Well, so give it to him. It's not like he's asking for a weapon, or for Hell, or for Heaven. He's asking for words." Dean stated as if it was the most obvious and simple thing.

"He can't say he's sorry if he isn't." I joined in on their conversation, causing God to sigh as he turned around, whilst Sam and Dean glanced back at me. I walked forward to stand in between the two brothers but behind as God placed a plate of pancakes in front of them both.

"What he wants an apology for, I did it for humanity. For the world." God stated

"So you say." I muttered, but he chose to ignore me. However, I didn't miss the quick glance I got from Dean.

"Look Lucifer wants what everybody wants: Amara gone. Okay? Let's just give him a little time to cool off." God finished off by taking a drink from his mug that had 'World's Greatest Dad' to which I scowled at.

"Okay, well, I don't know if you've noticed, but a little time is not something that we have. The end is frickin' nigh." Dean exclaimed, which caused God to nod his head in thought, but then looked up to me and asked.

"Want some pancakes?" causing me to scrunch my face further.

"Are they coming with a side of angel poison?" I mocked.

"I'm trying Y/N." God sighed as gave me defeated look, too which I scoffed and shook my head.

"I'll go talk to Lucifer. But I'm not doing it for you." I pointed at him to emphasize my point, before leaving the kitchen. As I turned the corner I could hear Dean speak.