Chapter 17 - Decision

"My dad already left" Nathan said as I spotted my parents talking to Izy and Mr Rennagan.

We went over to join them, Nathan let go of my hand, knowing it would only make my parents feel uncomfortable. Considering they had never actually met him.

"Oh darling you were great!" My mum said, restarting the flow of tears.

"She was, wasn't she?" Mr Rennagan said "They all were!" He went over to talk to some other parents.

"Izy, Nathan, would you mind giving us a minute" my dad was serious, he isn't often serious.

As Izy and Nathan stepped aside my parents had my full attention. I couldn't help notice that Izy was ginning way too much behind my dad.

"Hun, you know we are so proud of you" he began. "We-"

"We have a solution!" my mum said for him. I was curious. A solution to what? "You can stay here!"

I waited for her to explain but my dad beat her too it. It was like a war to see who could tell me quicker.

"We made arrangements with Izy's parents" now I knew why she was grinning "and they are going to let you stay with them for the rest of your senior year". This was probably the best news yet and I could see Izy telling Nathan, of what I assumed was the same thing.

This means graduation with real people, prom with the people I love and everything else between now and then that I would get to enjoy. My face lit up, I could almost feel the heat. I couldn't help but hug them. Somehow I knew they'd pull through, or a little part of me hoped they would. Looking over my parents shoulders I could see Mr and Mrs West go and hug their daughter. I wanted to hug them as well.

It suddenly hit me that I would be living with my best friend.

I also realised that I would be living away from my parents, while they went of to Japan.

"Wait, I'll be living... In a completely different country to you guys" My tears suddenly had a different meaning.

"I know sweet, but we can video chat. That's only if you want to stay without us. We just didn't think it would be fair to make you miss your last year" Now it wasn't either celebrate or say my goodbyes because now that decision was down to me and I realised it was a decision I wasn't sure if I was going to able to make. How could I live without the two people I loved more than anything. They obviously believed I could do it, or they would have never suggested it. But if I believed I could do it, I would have made the suggestion.

"I don't know anymore" I said and they hugged me again but as my dad let go my mum only held me tighter. How could I live without her hugs and comfort. But how could I live without my two best friends.

I knew I would see my parents again, but I couldn't guarantee the same for Izy and Nathan. Things change, people change. I had to think about it. On my own. Thing is, I only had two days and then I would either be on a plane or setting up my new room in Izy's huge house.

"I'll think about it" I said and then before I could even blink, Izy was next to me.

"So, do you want to be my sister?" she asked, hugging me so tight, I physically couldn't answer her.

As she let go and I regained the ability to breath I said. "I do, but I'm just not sure yet"

"I understand" she said "take all the time you need." Although I didn't really have a lot of time.

After Izy and her parents left I made my way to the parking lot with Nathan, following my parents as they got into the car. I stopped about twenty yards away so I knew they could hear us.

"What do you think about all this?" I asked.

"I think that... It's your life and I don't want to be the reason you have to live so far away from your family"

"I don't want to live so far away from you" I said. Holding his hands. "I can see them again for graduation and then summer, before college" The thought of college struck me, I wasn't sure what I was doing with that yet. My parents considered going back to England but now that they know what I really want to do, things have changed.

"But is that enough for you?"

"It's going to have to be" I said. Before he could say anything else I went up on my toes and kissed him. I remembered my parents who could possibly be watching but it didn't really bother me.

I got in my parents car leaving Nathan there watching as I left. No doubt he would come by tomorrow so I wasn't worried.

The drive home could not have been more quiet, which I loved because it gave me time to think. I decided to sleep on it. Hoping the answer would just become more clear after a good nights sleep.