Bursting emotions.

I couldn't sleep a wink after the events of last evening. I instead stayed curled up in my bed sheets, only going near the front door to lie to Katrina and tell her I was under the weather. As I head back to bed after her sympathy squeals, I pause at my parent's room. My hand slowly rests on the handle and my head hits the door. Oh how I miss them. I step away and glance away to brothers room. I walk towards the faded blue door, my sheets sliding away from my arms and being abandoned on the floor. Pressing my fingertips into the door I push the door open and walk in to the past.

Me and brother lying on his carpet talking to each other. "When I'm older I am going to be the best sailor to ever sail the seas!" He grins to me. I cannot help but giggle. "Brother you are being silly, mama would not let you and I would miss you dearly!" I cry at the thought. Johnathan sits up and frowns. He looks to his window and goes to say something but papa calls to us that a ship is in. We dash out of the room and downstairs.

When I escape my thoughts I am sitting on his bed, tears dripping onto my lap as I grip his sheets. I sniffle and get up wobbling as I fall to my knees and sob. My hands cover my face in some sort of attempt to stop my tears. Who am I hiding from? I'm alone...I'm still alone. I remain on the floor sobbing till I have no tears left and I am just lying against the cool wood sniffling. My eyes are sore and puffy as I get up heading downstairs.

Cleaning myself up takes some time but once I am in a calmer state of mind and I put some tea on. As I wait by the pot I am disturbed by someone knocking. I walk to the door, my bare feet padding against the floor. "Lass?! Are you in?! Miss Katrina said you were sick!" Gabriel's concerned voice breaks the silence as I reach the door. I cannot face him, not after the awful way I did last night. As I go to walk away I hear a soft thud against the door. "Natalia...do not ignore me" he mumbles as if he knew I was there, listening to him. Turning back, I slowly unlock the door and open it. Gabriel appears around the corner and looks at me with pity. Before I can even say sorry he closes the door and wraps me up in a hug. My mind fades to nothing and all I can do is cry. I grip onto his shirt and sob into his chest. His hands hold me close and I pour my newly formed tears out into his shirt

Once I had calmed again he made me tea and settled me on the armchair. I look at him as he sits down and frowns at me. "I am so sorry about last night..." I mutter out, my voice was weak from all the crying. Gabriel shakes his head and sighs. "No lass, I'm sorry. I couldn't even give you answer. " His eyes meet mine in some sort of desperate plea for forgiveness. Sipping my tea I lean back and sigh. We sit for a few moments in silence before Gabriel clears his throat. "Are you...uh...going to miss Katrina's summer ball?" He asks, sounding nervous. The thought warms my heart, a scary pirate nervous by a girl. I nod as I sit up straight. "I go every year, why do you ask?" Gabriel hesitates and glances away while picking at his shirt sleeve. "Would it be possible if...you came with me?" He finally says, looking at me with a kind expression. I giggle softly. "I sadly must refuse. I always go with Katrina, it's our tradition," I say smiling, his eyes fill with sadness. "But I shall save a dance for you" Gabriel grins and nods. "You have a deal lass."

After Gabriel leaves I clean up and pause at the sink smiling to myself. Giggling softly I hold my cheek as I blush. I just promised a dance to a pirate.