TWENTY TWO

Every town has one, the spooky house that all the kids avoid. Riverdale's was Thornhill, the Blossom family's mansion, with its very own graveyard. And, trapped inside its walls like some gothic heroines, were Cheryl Blossom and Madelyn Jones, still grieving for their beloved brother and boyfriend, Jason Blossom.
Linked in death even as they were in life.
Cheryl Blossom had been right about Madelyn not making amends with her family, and the redheaded Jones girl had ended up moving in with the Blossoms' after being released from the hospital.
The girl often had trouble sleeping, her dreams plagued with nightmares and memories that she forgot as soon as she awoke. This night was no exception, however she was not awoken by her own screams, but instead the screams of Cheryl Blossom. Madelyn was startled awake, her breathing heavy as she jolted up.
Manic got out of her bed, silently making her way to Cheryl's bedroom, but before she made it she was stopped by the sight of Penelope Blossom standing in the doorway of Jason's room. Cheryl was practically being thrown out of the room, not by force but by what seemed like fear.
Manic stayed in the shadows, waiting for the Blossom mother to retreat to her bedroom before following after Cheryl, entering the girl's room to find her crying on her bed.
Manic quietly shut the door behind her, joining the girl on her bed and holding her as she cried.
"They're not letting me speak, Maddie," Cheryl wailed, her voice weak. I scoffed, outraged at the fact that her parents would do this to her. Jason was her brother just as much as he was their son, and he loved her more than anything in the world. She deserved to be able to speak at his memorial.
"Well they can go fuck themselves. They can't control you Cheryl, okay? You're speaking at the memorial, whether they like it or not," I ranted, feeling Cheryl shake as more sobs wracked through her tiny frame.
"They'd kill me, Manic. I can't go against them," Cheryl cried, before the two were submerged in silence. The two fell asleep that way, the almost sisters huddled into each others arms as they drifted off.

The next day Manic woke up to Cheryl getting ready for school. While Manic had been transferred to Riverdale High, curiosity of the Blossoms', she had still yet to attend school. She was told by the school to take all the time she needed to heal, both mentally and physically, before coming in. Cheryl had been bringing home her work for her, and had been turning it in as well.
Although Manic wasn't planning on starting school until next week, waking up that morning and knowing that Cheryl had been tasked with handing out invitations to Jason's memorial, Manic decided that starting today wouldn't be the worst idea. So a second after waking up she was climbing out of Cheryl's bed and making her way back to her room to get ready.
"Manic? Where are you going?" Cheryl asked before Madelyn disappeared into the hallway.
"I'm going to get ready."
"For what?" Cheryl asked, confused since she knew Manic was planning on starting school next week.
"For school, of course. You're crazy if you think I'm letting you go through today alone," Manic said, smiling briefly before continuing to her room.
Once there she pulled out an outfit and, after shutting and locking the door, got dressed before doing her makeup and throwing on a pair of heels.

Manic grabbed her backpack and met Cheryl at the top of the staircase, Cheryl giving the Jones girl a grim smile. Madelyn smiled back weakly, the fact that she was about to go to a new school full of people she'd never met before, apart from her brother and his best friend, now setting in.
"You'll do great, I'm sure everyone will adore you, Maddie," Cheryl said as the pair descended the stairs and exited the Blossoms' Thornhill manor. Manic gave a weak 'yeah' before they parted ways, Cheryl getting into Jason's convertible, which was now hers, and Manic getting into her old Impala.

Manic had been on the receiving end of multiple stares ever since she pulled into the schools parking lot, every one knowing that only one person in Riverdale owned an old black Chevy Impala was the infamous Madelyn Jones, resident serpent princess and more recently, resident outcast. At least until the resident queen bitch parked her old convertible next to Madelyn's old Impala and the pair linked arms, and made their way into the school. Everyone almost collectively understood that if the Blossoms' hadn't outcasted the redhead then they couldn't either.
Everyone understood that they may have lost their King, but they had gained another Queen.
By lunch she still had yet to see her twin, or any of his friends, most of which she didn't know. But she knew that was about to change, as Cheryl and her were now handing out the drab invitations to Jason Blossom's memorial.
Cheryl had linked arms with Manic the second fourth hour ended, dragging the girl along as she handed out the enveloped invites. The pair were now outside by the football field, approaching the very people Manic had been unintentionally avoiding all day.
"Sorry to interrupt Sad Breakfast Club, but we're here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend," Cheryl said, handing everyone an invitation before pausing at Veronica, "to our surprise and chagrin, mother added you to the guest-list. In case you're tempted to steal our silver candlesticks, don't. We'll be checking bags."
Veronica held back any remarks, giving the unknown redheaded girl a glance as she took the invite. Almost as soon as the envelope left Cheryl's hand the two redheaded beauty's were gone, leaving the Sad Breakfast Club reveling in their wake.
Veronica watched the shorter girl strut away, turning to her friends with a questioning glance.
"Who's the other girl?" Veronica asked, noticing the pained look on Jughead's face and the faces of caution on the others.
"That, was Madelyn, Jason's girlfriend and Jughead's twin," Archie said, glancing at his hat clad friend. Veronica blanched at this information, having not even known Jughead had a sister, much less a twin.
"Jughead has a sister?" Veronica asked, making sure she heard correctly.
"Yeah, she went to school on the Southside, until today. Jughead and her don't particularly get on too well, she's a lot more like her dad than you'd think," Archie said, not even knowing the half of it.
"There's also the fact that she's a known serpent," Betty added, not thinking before she blurted out one of the main reasons Jughead and Manic were estranged.
"Oh." Veronica was quite for a moment before a look of determination set across her face as she stood up and hurried after the duo of Madelyn and Cheryl.

"Cheryl, Manic, wait." The two redheads stopped upon hearing the Lodge girl call after them, turning around to face her as she hurried up to them.
"You're in pain, this is a horrible week for you," Veronica started, speaking solely to Cheryl at this point, "I'm sure it's why you're being particularly obnoxious."
"Maybe. What's your point?" Cheryl asked, an edge to her voice as she glanced at Manic, annoyed.
"Look, I don't want to be locked into a cat-fight-to-the-death with you. That only ends in one way, mutual annihilation."
"Agreed," Cheryl said, pursing her lips.
"So, can't we just...be friends? Or, at least, frenemies?" Veronica asked, hopeful.
Cheryl and Madelyn shared a look, before Madelyn turned to Veronica, the overall presence of the Jones girl sending a wave of unease through Veronica as her steely eyes found hers.
"If you really want to extend the olive branch, come to a sleepover we're having," Cheryl said, slightly surprising Veronica as the brunette had expected the silent Jones girl to talk.
"Fine," Veronica agreed, "sure, when?"
"The night before the memorial," Cheryl said, neither redhead missing the look on Veronica's face.
"What, would you want to spend the night before you bury your brother or boyfriend alone?"

THE HEELS AT THE BEGINNING ARE THE HEELS SHE WEARS WITH THE OUTFIT PEEPS.
So I recently started watching David's vlogs and that led to watching the others vlogs too and I've discovered that I have a love for Toddy and Scotty. Naturally I went searching for some good fan-fiction for either of them, and honestly I haven't been too victorious in my search, so if you know any good Toddy or Scotty stories let me know. I did however find this one story, The Boys and Me by ihavanobsession which is fucking great, but I thought it was a Scotty fic and it's not 😢. It's a Heath one but, it's still great so I'm still reading it anyways.
But that being said, should I make a Scotty story? Tell me your thoughts and opinions, bbs.

Can we talk about how shitty of a writer I am? It's been how long since I've last updated?