"Everyone quick, take cover!" Father shouts.

We all run underneath a big tree for shelter until the storm passes by. I notice that this tree has a lot of animals drawings on them. Very interesting I do have to say...

Then I hear a rustling sound from above. The branches are moving. Something lives here.

"Vitani?" The voice calls.

Mother looks up. "Amwa? Oh, my apologies. We didn't know that we were hiding underneath your tree. We'll move!"

A female mandrill swings down from the highest branch and smiles. "Nonsense Vitani! You and your family can stay here as much as you like. That storm seems dangerous. Where are you headed?"

"Back home." My mother responded. "We were almost out the Pride Lands until it began storming. It's going to take a while before it passes. We'll just relax here for a bit. Thank you!"

"No problem. Well, I better return back to my task. I'm making a special herb to help heal a wound for an elephant. It was nice seeing you again Vitani before you leave."

Mother smiles. Amwa climbed back up her tree. She must be a good friend to our mother.

"Honey, who was that?" Father asks.

"Amwa, Rafiki's daughter if you remember him. She's the King's new advisor and the Pride Lands newest doctor. She creates special herbs for the sick and weak."

Hashaan smiles. "Cool! She does seem to be really nice and helpful."

"She is, very."

I remember mother mentioning Amwa's name before. She is the one that helped mom over come her dark past again and to confess everything to Me and Hashaan about what happened in her past.

I lay down knowing that this storm may take forever to leave. Mother and father cuddle under each other for warmth, while Sahel cuddles with me. Hashaan lays alone but curled up in a furry ball.

••••••

The fiery ball of light rising from the horizon, colored the sky in shades of orange and yellow. The storm is now over. Finally! I open my eyes with a yawn after waking up from a nap. I look down at my left side seeing Sahel still sleeping.

Hashaan, mother, and father are in a deep conversation about something. I lick my paws clean.

"Alright everyone, time to travel again!" Said father, standing up on his four paws.

I nudge Sahel gently with my nose waking him up.

He yawns, "Time to move already?"

"Yes."

This time, Sahel rides on Hashaan's back as he climbs up. I follow slowly behind our parents. I don't know why I feel tired. We haven't even traveled yet!

I shake myself awake. Hashaan walks joining me on my left side.

He chuckles, "Napping too hard huh, sis?"

I roll my eyes. "Don't start."

"Aiysha I have been thinking, once we go back home what's next for us?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, shouldn't we create or join other prides?"

I think about it for a moment but then shake my head. "Nah, our pride is with mom and dad. I don't want to leave them behind. We are a team that sticks together!"

Hashaan sighs, "Yeah but, don't you get tired of the same old routine not doing anything? All we do is hunt, sleep, and hunt. We should meet other lions and try to make a bigger Pride! It'll be more protection for us."

"I don't know. That would require lots of work. Plus, we have to make sure that these lions won't betray us or hurt anyone of us. What made you come up with this idea anyway?"

"Mom, dad, and I were talking about it while you and Sahel were napping. That don't mind the idea of creating a Pride. We just need to find some lions who would join."

I look unsure. I really don't want any lions joining our family. All we need is each other! Not strangers...

"I don't know. I mean, I guess."

Hashaan smiles. "Come on sis, it won't be so bad. We'll be like Uncle Kovu and Aunt Kiara! The only difference is that we aren't royalty. This will be fun and cool. We live in a nice home. All we need is lions to help expand the population."

"I suppose..."

"Great!"

I don't see why Hashaan is so happy about this. Maybe he wants to meet a lioness again. He just had a heart break with Auni. I think that would be moving too fast. But if my parents is okay with creating their own Pride then that's fine. I don't mind participating.

It might be a good thing for me too...