I GOT THE BEST FRIEND BLUES!

Today I’m kind of really bummed. I was SO bummed that I hid under my covers for a good 10 minutes after I woke up. I was guilty of a wicked bad mood, and my sheets were the scene of the crime!

Usually I just lay there thinking of Brandon’s smile. Seriously, it’ SO ridiculously cute. It’s like watching a baby bunny sniff a tiny flower. (OK, I can’t take credit for that…Tina Fey said it about Justin Bieber’s smile on SNL, but it’s true for Brandon too!!)

Back to my point, I woke up all down and stuff because Chloe’s pretty upset. She won’t admit it, but I think she’s super sad that Zoey and I both have guys who are totally into us, and she’s completely guy-less.

I think there are probably boys crushing on her, too…she just doesn’t know about it. Seriously, there’s a good chance there are DOZENS of boys out there doodling HER name on notebook paper!!

Well, maybe not dozens. And maybe they’re not doodling on notebook paper (we get SO much homework…who has the time to obsess in writing??)

The other day, I saw Chloe and Zoey in lunch, and Zoey was super smiley. She kept looking at Paul Preston like the two of them have some huge secret…even though he doesn’t know that she knows yet.

I’m pretty sure she winked at him at one point. I actually drew a little comic, with a thought bubble above her head to show what she might have been thinking.

It went a little something like this: “Come to me, Paul! We both know you think I’m so sweet that you’re practically getting a TOOTHACHE! Confess your love and let’s live dorkily ever after!” 🙂

While she was gawking at Paul and I was doodling, Chloe was just sitting there, munching on a sandwich with this sad lost puppy dog look in her face.

It was seriously heart breaking! So I decided to cheer her up a bit. I was like, “New magazines come out today! We should all so grab some after school!”

Chloe is ALL about teen magazines, so this was kind of like telling Brianna, “Miss Penelope came to life, and she’s picking you in an hour to take you to Queasy Cheesy!”

But Chloe didn’t even look a LITTLE excited. To make matters worse, MacKenzie walked by, and she was like, “What’s the matter dork? Who peed in your Cheerios??”

What a LAME thing to say to someone who’s clearly feeling kind of blue!

So I said, “Go pick on someone your own size—you know, someone with a MASSIVE head and brain damage from lip gloss abuse!!” Except I said it in my head so no one heard it but me.

What I really said was, “Wow is that Jessica spilling on the shirt she borrowed from you? That grape juice sure looks messy!”

That got rid of her, and it sure cheered ME up, but it didn’t really help Chloe too much.

So I need some ideas from you all. I know you’re really smart with friend stuff from reading all your comments, so please give me some really good advice!

What would you do to cheer Chloe up? How can I make her feel like she’s not left out without being all awkward and saying, “I think you’re down because no one’s crushing on you—so don’t feel down anymore because we love you!”

What would you do if one of YOUR BFFs was totally down in the dumps like Chloe??