HOW BRIANNA'S TOTAL WEIRDNESS FINALLY PAID OFF

Squeeee!!! The coolest thing EVER happened this weekend!

I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to find ways to earn some cash so I can replace the TV Brianna broke while I was babysitting her a couple weekends ago.

First, I ran a yard sale, and though I cried myself a little river when some old dude bought all my Disney stuff, including my first EVER Mickey ears, I earned a good chunk of change! Still, it wasn’t enough to replace the TV.

After that, I hosted my own backyard carnival, but all I got from that was dizzy (from pushing kids in circles in a wheelbarrow) and nauseous (from stuffing my face with the carnie food that I REALLY should have sold).

I was starting to think I’d have to live the rest of my days in a home with a big, fat, empty space where a TV once was.

(I know I’m being super dramatic, but a living room without a TV is like a chest without a heart…tragic, empty, and lifeless!)

Then, this weekend, my mom made me take Brianna to Queasy Cheesy, which I usually consider cruel and unusual punishment.

But this time, something totally awesome and exciting happened!

We were sitting at our table, stuffing our faces with pepperoni slices, when Brianna started singing some random song that she made up about pizza.

She does this all the time!

This one time at the beach, she started singing, “I love the beach! Sand is awesome and I love it so! The water’s perfect, I don’t want to go! I love the beach!”

Another time, when we were in the waiting room at the doctor’s office, she started belting out, “Doctors are mean. Needles aren’t fun. Stay away or I’m gonna run!”

She thinks just because people sing about their lives in musicals, that makes it okay for her to do it. And even though I usually think it’s super weird and embarrassing, I have to admit she’s pretty good with rhyming. And this time, it really paid off!

After just two bites of pizza, she stood up and started singing, “Queasy Cheesy, oh how your pizzas please me! They’re perfect and not too greasy! Coming here’s always easy. I love Queasy Cheesy!”

Everyone was looking at us, so I turned bright red and whisper-yelled, “Brianna, sit down! No one wants to hear you sing!”

Boy oh boy, was I wrong! Everyone else seemed to actually like it. In fact, people were smiling and cheering her on.

Then I heard a loud voice say, “Sing it again!”

I looked up and saw Theo’s dad, who owns the place, rushing over with a huge grin on his face, like he’d just discovered Miley Cyrus, pre-Hannah Montana, and realized he was going to make a boatload of cash as her manager.

Brianna can rhyme, but she’s no Miley Cyrus!

Still, being the total ham she is, she hopped on the table and started singing her Queasy Cheesy song even louder, and the whole time Theo’s dad was bobbing his head, saying, “Yeah, sing it little lady!”

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and hearing. He LOVED her!

After he asked her to sign it a third time, I knew something was up, and I was right!

We left there with a paper for my parents to sign, giving Theo’s family permission to use Brianna’s song AND film her for a local commercial.

And get this: they’re going to pay her $250!

I thought for sure Brianna would ask my parents to buy her every Princess Sugar Plum-related item in the toy store…which made it totally surprising when I heard her singing, “Now we can get a new TV! Oh, how lucky are all of we? I love TV!”

I’m so excited for that little musical rug rat, and even more psyched that I can finally record my fav TV shows again. The coolest part: with her money and the money I earned from my yard sale, we can get an even better one than we had before.

It was the best weekend ever!