WHAT WAS IN THAT BOX MACKENZIE GAVE BRANDON?!

I’ve been FREAKING OUT about what was in that box MacKenzie gave Brandon!! I’ve seen him a few times since the party, and he hasn’t said a thing!

I know what you’re thinking…that probably means it was nothing!

But I meant that literally. He hasn’t said A SINGLE THING to me!

The other day, when I was walking by the library heading to the bathroom, he was walking in the opposite direction.

We were RIGHT about to walk by each other when he bent down to tie his shoe.

Couldn’t he have tied it AFTER saying hi to me?!

Then later that day, I walked by him in lunch when I was going to dump my brown bag in the trash. He threw an apple core at the bucket, like he was playing basketball with it.

He missed, so I bent down to pick it up for him. I was going to toss it to him so he could try again, but he was gone…so I accidentally tossed a brown apple core RIGHT into this substitute teacher, Mr. Thistle!

After that, I ran to my table and said to Chloe and Zoey, “Janitor’s closet…now!!!”

I was kind of worried that we might find MacKenzie hanging out in there with Jessica or her new non-CCP friend, now that she thinks it’s HER room.

I was SO glad when that didn’t happen!

As soon as we ran in, I started spazzing out!

I rambled, “I have NO idea what’s going on! MacKenzie gave him SOMETHING, but I don’t know what it is…I only know that it COULD have made him hate me!! What should I do? Should I ask him? HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT IT WAS?!”

Zoey took a deep breath and said, “Nothing has any meaning except the one we give to it. Peter Cajander.”

It must have been a quote from some new self-help book she’s been reading, but it REALLY didn’t calm me down!

So I said, “But it has to mean SOMETHING!”

Chloe added, “Maybe it means that he really cares about you, so he’s trying to think about how he should handle all this weirdness with MacKenzie!”

I hadn’t considered that maybe Brandon was avoiding me because it was all kind of awkward for him.

I mean, I’m sure he sees how horrible MacKenzie is to me, but he’s super nice, so he doesn’t really know what to do about it.

Boys don’t get girl drama!

After we spent a good ten minutes brainstorming about what could have been in that box, Zoey said, “You know, even if Brandon IS mad at you, you didn’t do anything wrong! That means HE’D be wrong…so try not to stress about it!”

She had a really good point! I mean, since I had nothing to be guilty about, there wasn’t really anything to worry about.

Sure, MacKenzie could have made up some kind of lie about me. But if Brandon REALLY believed it, he wouldn’t be the awesome friend I think he is!

Then Chloe said, “You need to stop stressing about Brandon and have a fun girl’s afternoon with us!”

She was SO right! I’d spent a TON of time worrying about the Brandon-party stuff. I needed some fun girl time!!

We decided to go to the mall tomorrow afternoon, and I can’t wait!!

We decided we wouldn’t talk about CCPs OR crushes. I’m not really sure what we’ll talk about instead, but I know one thing for sure…

I have the BEST FRIENDS EVER!!!