Chapter 34

Mabel's POV

"Mabel," I heard a sick and twisted voice chime. I refused to look up and meet his eyes. "Guess what?" Tad leaned on the bars to my cell. "Bill is officially dead." I squeezed my eyes shut.

"No," I breathed.

"And now," he continued. "There's no way anyone could possibly come to save you. You are officially mine forever." He laughed and oped the door. "It's about time! It took a lot of power to keep that son of a bitch out of here. He's pretty powerful. No?" I kept my eyes glued to the ground. "Hey!" He yelled as he punched the wall above my head. I flinched and pulled my head lower. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

Slowly and shakily, I lifted my head up to see him towering over me with a sick smirk on his face.

"That's better," he cooed and bent down, grabbing my neck and forcing me up. The chains disappeared off my wrists and he pushed me onto the wall, holding me up by my throat. I tried to struggle away, but there was no way I could. "Now," he grinned, showing sharp demonic teeth. "Where were we?" I had no idea what he was about to do, and I sure as hell didn't want to, so I was glad when something else caught his attention. 

"Master Strange!" Some creature yelled as it pushed into the room. Must have been one of his slaves.

"What," he growled, dropping me and turning around. I hit the ground hard, but resisted a groan and tried to stay quiet. Maybe he would eave me alone now, I thought hopefully.

"There's an intruder! A human."

"How the Hell did a human get in here?" Tad hissed as he stopped towards his quivering slave.

"S-sir, I d-don't know, I just-" He didn't get to finish his sentence, as a snap of Tad's fingers made it disappear. 

"Sorry Mabel," Tad growled. "I'll have to come back later." I breathed a sigh of relief as he walked over and slammed the cell door shut and locked it, then turned around to leave. 

I sat in the spot shaking, trying to stop my anxiety attack before it happened. 

"I-I'm ok-kay, I'll b-b-be f-fin-ne,"

'Yes, you will be,' I heard voice my head. Not just any voice though. My head shot up.

"What-"

"Star!" Bill exclaimed as he ran up to my cell.

"Bill!" I tried to stand up, but the chains had been put back on my wrists and they pulled me back down. "H-he said you were dead!" My eyes flooded with tears and a few spilled over. 

"I'm not. Don't worry, you're going to be fine." Bill looked over the bars and tried to pry them open. "Alright, stand back." I tried to scoot away, but it was hard with the chains on my wrists. I saw Bill's hands light up with blue flames. He took a step back, then fired at the bars. They easily crumbled off as if they were made of paper. A couple pieces of small debris hit me, but it didn't do any damage.

"Star!" Bill ran in and broke the chains off my wrists with his bare hands. He picked me up and pulled me into a hug, and held me like he would lose me again if he let go. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hurried my face in his chest. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Did he hurt you." I hesitated. 

"I'm fine Bill. I promise." Well, that was a lie, but I didn't want to talk about it right now.

"Alright," he sighed and let go. "Let's go get your brother."

He took my hand and we ran out of the cell room, up to somewhere else in the house.

"Dipper? He's here? How? And why aren't you dead? And how did you get here?"

"It's a bit of a long story Star," he explained without looking back. "All you need to know is your brother got my power back and then we faked my death to come get you." I nodded in understanding.

"So, you have your powers back?"

"Yeah."

"Oh..." I didn't say anything else. Does this mean the deal is done, can I go home now! 

We kept running through the house until Bill stopped. He glanced around the corner, then motioned for me to stay where I was. I took a step back and he rounded the corner.

Slowly, I peeked around to see what was going on. And what I saw made me sick to my stomach. 

Dipper was on the ground, blood and bruises covering his entire body. Tad stood over him with a whip. I covered my mouth to keep the gasp from making any sound. I wanted to run to him and help him, but then I saw Bill walking towards them and remembered that he told me to stay here. 

"Tad. What the Hell are you doing to that human," Bill chimed in a joking tone. "Is he really worth your time?" I could almost hear Bills smirk.

"Bill," Tad hissed and threw the whip on the ground next to Dipper. "What are you doing here! You should be dead!" Bill laughed.

"Yeah, for now, I'll forget about the fact that you tried to kill me. But I came here for a reason. Where's Mabel?" Tad smirked.

"She's hidden from you. You'll never find her." Are you sure about that Tad? "Is this," Tad motioned to Dipper on the floor. "Your pathetic plan to get her back."

"Him?" Bill shrugged. "I thought he was one of yours."

"He's an intruder."

"Ha," Bill scoffed. "He's a damn sorry intruder." Tad didn't laugh. 

"What are you playing at Bill. You didn't just expect to walk in and have me hand her over." Tad raised an eyebrow. "You're smarter than that."

"Maybe, maybe not. The point is Strange, you better give her back, now. Or you'll have Hell to pay."

"Well Cipher, how about we make a deal. I know you know this human, so here it is. You give me half your power and choose which kid to take, and I keep the other one. Everybody leaves happy." Tad held out a purple flame engulfed hand. "Do we have a deal?" I saw Bill looking at the hand. He couldn't possibly be thinking about this deal, could he?

"Deal." He grinned taking his hand and shook it. I watched power get sucked out of him and go to Tad. Bill looked visibly weaker, but he tried to hide it. 

Bill, what the Hell are you doing?

"So, which one do you want?"

"Mabel, of course. You can keep the boy." 

"No!" I screamed and tried to run out to stop it. "Dipper!"