Chapter 18

Mabel's POV

I opened my eyes and sat up, trying to remember what had happened. Bill went into my mind, and then...

I couldn't remember what happened afterward. It was all a blur. All I knew was that I was now in a bed and I had no idea why.

I looked around in the room I was in, and it was nice. Decently sized, black and white themed with hints of pink. There was a large shootingstar imprinted in the center of the black blanket I was under.

My head shot up from examining the room when I heard the door open.

"Oh, good! You're awake." I saw Bill walk in and run over to me. "Are you okay?"

"I, um, yeah." I rubbed my head. "I just have a head ache."

"Yeah, that makes sense." he knelt down slightly to be eye level with me.

"What happened?"

"I took too much power from you, and you passed out. You've been asleep for almost a full day."

"Oh." I looked down at the ground. I wasn't really sure what else to say.

"So, are you hungry?"

"Um, yeah I guess." Well, no. Not 'I guess.' I'm starving.

"Okay, let's eat." He stood up and walked out of the room without waiting for me. I quickly jumped up to follow him, so I wouldn't get lost. When I finally caught up with him, I walked side by side with him to what I presumed was the kitchen. He didn't say anything, which I couldn't tell if I was grateful for, or annoyed by.

When we arrived at the kitchen, he stopped by the fridge and opened it. I awkwardly leaned on the counter, waiting for him to get whatever he was getting. He grabbed a few eggs and bacon and walked over to the stove.

"There's plates and cups in the cabinets and some drinks in the fridge. you can either stand there or help me make food."

"Oh, ok." I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed two plates. After I set them down, I searched for the silverware drawer and found a couple knives. Once I had the dishes on the table, I looked in the fridge for drinks. I found orange juice and assumed that Bill wanted some, so I poured two glasses and put them on the table.

"You can make some toast if you want some." He said as he was flipping an egg. "Put in a piece for me too."

"Ok." I looked for the bread and put two pieces in the toaster. When they popped, I grabbed them and put them on the plates. By this time, Bill was done with the eggs and bacon. He walked over with the pan and put half on his plate and half on mine. We sat down and started eating. And it was still silent.

Why isn't he saying anything?

"I don't know? What am I supposed to say?" I snapped my head up.

"I- uh, I don't know. It's just so quiet."

"Maybe I like the quiet." I sighed

"Okay." I continued to eat, in silence.

"Sorry," He said sarcastically. "I'm just not sure what to say to the person I abused for a year then kidnapped and now she's sitting at my table like a guest. What would you say?" He raised an eyebrow and I didn't respond to him. "Exactly." And that was the end of the conversation for the rest of the meal.

When we were done, he stood up and took our plates without saying a word. I stood up as well and watched him put the plates in the sink.

"Alright, I'm leaving again. I don't know when I'll be back." And with that, he disappeared, leaving me to stand there, and do nothing. I walked out of the kitchen and tried to map my way back to the room I woke up in, assuming it was my room. Eventually, after doubling down some halls, I found it. I walked in and sat down at the foot of my bed.

"What the hell am I supposed to do." I sighed. For a while I just sat there, twiddling my fingers. Eventually, I stood up and walked around, looking in the dressers and closets. I found a door that led to a connected bathroom and a few other things in my room. When that got boring, I decided to take a nap.

I opened my eyes to see Dipper. I tried to yell his name and run to him, but my feet wouldn't move. My voice wouldn't work. I couldn't breathe. Each desperate shout only depleted me of any air I had left. Before I could try anything else, I saw something behind Dipper. The horrid figure, whatever it was, stabbed him in the back, pushing until the blade came out through his chest. I tried to scream, but I still couldn't breathe. Dippers lifeless body then fell to the ground and started to burn. The image started to fade, but my brothers burning face was plastered into my mind.

I jolted up out of bed, panting. Even though I wasn't dreaming anymore, I still felt like I couldn't breathe. My bed felt suffocating. I needed to get out. I desperately threw the blankets off me tried to get out. In my haste attempts, I tripped and landed on the floor.

"Ahg!" I hit the floor and quickly sat up, scooting away from the bed. I held my knees to my chest, shaking.

What is wrong with me? Why is this happening? It took me a moment to realize, I was having another anxiety attack. No, no no no! I didn't get any of the medication that Dipper had for me. I can't stop it anymore.

"Help, I n-need help," I choked even though no one could hear me. "Please, p-please, I just- I just, I need help. I c-c-can't d-do it-t." I was shaking uncontrollably now and was hot. The walls were closing in on me. Now I was cold. The blood was running out of my face. I wasn't okay. "Dipper, he-he-he-" My vision was going blurry and just as I thought I was going to pass out, I heard Bill's voice.

"Hey! Shootingstar!" I looked up and saw him running over to me. He knelt down next to me and held the side of my face with his hand. I wanted to flinch away from him, but I couldn't. "Hey! Look at me! Calm down. Okay?" I drew in a shaky breath and tried to nod.

"I-I-I-I-I c-can't," I was running out of breath.

"Yes you can. Look at me!" he was now holding both sides of my face with his hands. "Shootingstar you're okay, I promise. Nothing's going to hurt you, but you need to calm down. Okay?"

"N-no, D-D-Dipper, he-he's-s,"

"He's okay, and so are you. You're okay, he's okay, we're all okay. I promise." I looked up into his eyes. Am I?

'Yes'

I shook my head and started to violently shake and cry.

"No, no no no no-" I buried my head in my knees and tried to tell myself it was okay, but it wasn't. 

"Shit!" Was all I heard before I felt Bill pick me up.