Chapter 11

I quickly got up and followed Shawn. It turns out that he went to another park to meet his friends. I walked in the parks and hid behind a bush, close enough to hear what him and his friends were talking about. "where you been Shawn?" one of them asked. 'no where i just, i was just running a bit late" Shawn said. So he lied about meeting me. "Are you sure you weren't with that girl? whats her name? Amalie? " another voice said. "Her names Amelia" Shawn said. "and no we ain't a thing and plus i wouldn't date her Shawn said. Did Shawn really just say that? so thats what he was keeping from me, his friends didn't want him to date me. i sat behind that bush like a loser listening to Shawn and his friends. Maybe i did get my hopes up too high. 

His friends left and Shawn sat down on the bench, he looked stressed out. i got up and went over to him. "Shawn?" i said. "Amelia! what are you doing here?" Shawn asked. "honestly i followed you here because i didn't believe you and i wanted to know the truth" i said. Shawn looked down at the floor. "so you are ashamed to date me" i said with watery eyes. "no! its just i, its just my friends want me to date someone who's popular and-" "and i'm not popular i said. "you know what Shawn i really thought we had something special" i said and then i started walking away. "Amelia!" Shawn said as he grabbed my hand. "just hear me out"Shawn said. "look the first time i saw you, i'd never seen anything more perfect in my life and i just knew that i needed to have you or i dunno i'd die then you showed that you liked me back i felt so happy, and i'll tell the whole school, the whole world that i like you and your mine" Shawn said. "shawn-" but i was cut off by Shawn's lips touching mine. The kiss was magical, it was our first kiss. The way you feel the first time you kiss him for the first time, like fire within your bones, like your soul has returned to the water, like every part of you that came from a dead star is alive again.