Chapter 29: Prom part 2

Hi Guys! I said I would I update so here I am once again. I hope I can keep this up. :) Anyway, has anyone of you ever read Sam Madison's "The Heartbroken Heartbreaker" in wattpad? She's an amazing writer but the book depressed the hell out of me. I was reading it in the middle of the night and I was seriously heartbroken. She writes so beautifully. I was staring at my hubby when I finished the book and had to fight the urge to wake him up. I seriously needed a hug and I wanted to kiss and tell him I'll never love anyone else in this world. I guess I'm just a happily ever after girl. I had only loved one person in this world and he fills my heart so completely.

On another note, I used to have a friend who was crying when she saw her ex in facebook and they broke up more than 5 years ago and she's happily married. I asked her what the f*ck is she crying about and she told me she can never forget how it hurts to get your heart broken. This woman is madly in love with her husband and yet here she was crying over an ex in fb. How weird is that?

Sorry for blabbering. Let's move on to the next chapter....

-------

Jason was captivated when he saw Sophie. She was so very beautiful in her red dress. Her dress was long and flowing. Her hair was soft and soft curls framed her face and fell below her back. She had a fresh look and slightly flushed cheeks. His breath caught when she turned to her mom and he saw that her back was exposed. He was mesmerized with the long, elegant line of her spine as it disappeared at the base of her dress. The creamy skin of her back was exposed and it took all his effort not slide his arms and feel how soft her skin was. He was caught off guard when her mom was looking at him. She was talking to him but he couldn't keep his gaze away from Sophie. Her mom was looking at him oddly and he felt his face reddening since he had no idea what she was talking about.

"Jason, are you ok. Mom asked if it's ok if we could wait for my dad?" Sophie patiently said, holding his hand.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Chase, you daughter is taking my breath away. I can't think straight when she's looking so gorgeous." He said in a rush and then gasped when he realized what he said. This had never happened to him before and he was embarrassed as hell.

Sophie's mom smiled and said, "You are quite a charmer young man. My husband is going down in a second. Would you like something to drink? Beer, vodka or wine?" she said winking at them.

"Umm, I'll just have water ma'am." He said suddenly nervous.

They heard someone laugh and when they turned their heads, they saw Sophie's dad descending the stairs. "That's the correct answer, young man!" he said, his eyes twinkling.

"Oh there you are darling." Sophie's mom said, "This is Jason Williams, Sophie's date in the prom."

"Good evening, sir. It's nice to finally meet you." Jason politely said.

"Williams? Are you in any chance related to Diane and Ethan Williams?"

"Ahh, yes sir. They're my parents."

"What a small world!? I used to work with them on a project. They're brilliant biologists. I can't believe you're their boy!" he exclaimed. "I heard that you're the star quarterback of Ridgewood High School. You're plays are amazing and your team is undefeated. Hmm, I think I'm beginning to like you."

"Thank you sir," Jason replied, smiling widely.

"But that doesn't mean you can do anything to my little girl." Mr. Chase said suddenly turned serious and frowned at Jason's smile. "If anything happens to her, I will chase you to the ends of the earth."

"Dad!" Sophie complained, rolling her eyes.

"I'll take care of her Mr. Chase and I swear I will respect all her wishes."

"That's the correct answer again young man." Mr. Chase replied, smiling.

"Now that everything's taken off, can I take a picture please? Would you like to put on her corsage Jason." Sophie's mom asked holding a camera.

Jason opened the case he was holding and Sophie gasped at the corsage. The corsage had small red and white spray roses with crystals and sheer ribbon. Jason deftly tied the corsage to her wrists.

"I hope you liked it," he asked when he finished tying the corsage. Last year, he just bought whatever was available but this year he had asked helped from his mom when he went to the florist. He wanted the corsage to be special and to match Sophie's dress. He smiled when he saw it matched perfectly.

"I love it! It's beautiful!" Sophie exclaimed. Last year, Mason hasn't even bothered with a corsage and everything was last minute.

"Oh my God, you both look so beautiful. Can I take a picture?" Sophie's mom asked, her eyes glistening.

Jason moved towards Sophie held her back and had to take a deep breath as he felt how smooth and soft it was. He can't believe that he was reacting this strongly to her. He had never felt this way with any girl he had dated. It was like Sophie was everything he had hoped for. He had always been disappointed with his dates but with Sophie, everything was perfect. It just keeps getting better every day. And it was scaring him. He was beginning to fall and he was scared to death that Sophie might not choose him.

"Smile!" Sophie's mom said and clicked the camera. She took more pictures of them together.

"Mom, we have to go." Sophie said, a little bit exasperated since her mom kept on taking the pictures.

"Emma, let the kids go." Sophie's dad said taking the camera away. "Will you be driving Jason?"

"No sir, I hired a limo."

"Good, I like guys who makes the extra effort." He said winking at Sophie. "Just don't go home so late."

"I just hope there won't be a fight." Sophie's mom muttered. Sophie's dad looked at her strangely.

"You didn't see Mason a while ago." She added raising her brows.

"Time to go." Sophie's dad said, cutting her mom while opening the door.

Jason led Sophie outside where the limousine he hired was waiting. "Your chariot awaits, my lady," he jokingly said while the chauffeur opened the door for her. He held her hands as he guided her inside the left side. He went to the other side and entered the right side.

"Wow, you got me flowers and chocolates too?" Sophie said, flattered with all his efforts. "Are you really this generous with your dates?"

Jason stared at her intently and said in a serious tone, "It's only with you Soph. I never gave anyone flowers or chocolates. Only you."

Sophie blushed at his statement, "I can't believe that. I heard rumors that you dated a lot of girls Jason. I'm not that special."

Jason frowned at that. He reached out her hands and held it. "I'm sorry if I dated a lot. But please believe me when I say that you're different. I feel happy with you. You make me smile and laugh and think outrageous theories. When I talk to you, my brain is on a hyper drive and my day gets a whole lot better. You get me Soph. I feel like I've known you for ages even if we just knew each other for a short time. I just hope you give me a chance to make you as happy as you make me."

Jason didn't know what came over him but he just knew that he wanted Sophie to feel what he felt. He couldn't compete with the history she had with Mason but he didn't want to regret not telling her his feelings. Everything is changing...changing for the better with her beside him. And he would fight for her.

"I...ummm. I don't know what to say." Sophie said a little bit overwhelmed with what Jason said but she got him. They were so alike that sometimes it's crazy how they think of the same things.

"All I'm asking Sophie is a chance. Please just give me a chance to make you happy the way you make me happy." Jason said looking at her with an earnest expression.

"Ok."

-------

I know this is short but I also wanted to explore more on Jason's feelings. I know Mason has a plan next chapter but will it work given what Jason said?

I apologize in advance for any grammatical error. Next chapter- PROM part 3.

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts. Appreciate if you could also vote! :)