Chapter 9

Yasmin sighed at the way Mason and Sophie are obviously ignoring each other during lunchtime at the cafeteria. Sophie was staring at her food as though it was offending her. Mason was glowering but suddenly grimaced and raised his hands to rub his temples.

"Umm, Mace are you okay?" Yasmin said reverting to his childhood nickname.

Mason's head was pounding and the bright lights were worsening it. This was probably brought about by the lack of sleep last night when he had a fight with Sophie and was aggravated when he didn't eat breakfast since he was bent on lecturing Sophie. He had been avoiding it whole morning since he was so angry but now the pounding in his head is getting stronger.

Sophie glanced just in time to see him grimace at the lights and raise his hands massaging his temples.

"Do you have migraine?" Yasmin asked.

"Yes." He said stiffly.

"You skipped breakfast again, didn't you? Aargh, you know you get migraines when you don't eat in the morning! How can you be so stupid?!" Sophie exclaimed forgetting momentarily that she was avoiding him.

"Thank you G! You are certainly helping me with your sweet words!" He said sarcastically then groaned when the pounding in his head got stronger.

"C'mon Mace, let's go to the clinic." Sophie said worriedly grabbing his hand and getting their things.

Yasmin watched them amazed that they forgot everyone in the table and just stood up. Sophie was dragging Mason and they walked briskly towards the exit.

"Isn't it amazing how they act like an old couple and forget everyone when one of them is sick?" Chris said watching them leave.

"I know. Mason was fussing over Sophie last year when she had the flu. One would think she is dying the way Mason was panicking." Yasmin agreed, smiling at the two of them.

"I wonder why Mason agreed to go with Marissa to the prom? Mason and Sophie went together last year, right? They were quite a pair. Mason was shooting murderous looks when one of the seniors asked Sophie for a dance and he couldn't wait for the dance to finish." Chris remembered.

"Yes, that was so funny. It was the head of the Chess Club who asked her. He was so nervous the whole time especially at the way Mason was staring at them. If I remember it correctly, Mason only danced with me and Sophie even with the way the girls were flirting with him." Yasmin said wonderingly.

"Yes I remember. I mean what was Mason thinking agreeing with Marissa?" Chris said.

"I don't know. He can be so impulsive and stupid sometimes. I mean everyone knows he is so into Sophie except him." Yasmin said simply.

"Hahaha! I know. I bet your parents even knows. It seems that it's only Mason and Sophie who doesn't realize that. Who knows maybe this whole Marissa and Jason affair will open their eyes." He replied smiling.

"Or maybe we can help them realize it?" Yasmin said looking at him in a conspiring manner.

"Oh I don't think that is such a bright idea." Chris said hesitantly.

"C'mon Chris, it would be so easy. I will just drop hints about Jason and Sophie and you drop hints about Marissa. I mean they would be so jealous that they'll admit their feelings." Yasmin explained.

"You have a point Yasmin." He said, agreeing with her since it was getting annoying watching Sophie and Mason bicker. It would probably help the whole school when the two of them finally gets together.

Yasmin and Chris ate silently together smiling inwardly at their agreement.

------------

I love writing this and I hope you enjoyed reading it.  Please bear with me if there are grammatical errors. I wrote most of this using my phone during break time.

It would mean the world to me if you could vote and comment. :)