Chapter 4: Detention

Thank you for reading my story. It would mean the world to me if you could vote and comment. :)

------------------------------------------------

"Aargh, Sophie, you know I have a game later! Why did you have to punch me?" Mason complained.

"Are you seriously asking me that?!" Sophie shouted. "It's your fault, you crazy and insane creature!"

"Ha! Is that the best you can do, Sophie. If I knew better, I would think you would have a crush on me with all your crazy antics!" Mason teased. "You know girls have been giving me chocolates and you might yet be my number 1 fan!"

"That's the most egotistical and farfetched idea you ever came upon! That's probably due to all of your basketball games. You might have juggled your brains and turned it upside down!" Sophie answered back, sticking out her tongue.

"Yeah, Genius. You're just not too smart to appreciate my handsome self! Hmph!" Mason replied confidently. "Hmmm, I think I like calling you Genius or maybe just G."

"Whatever, at least that adds to your vocabulary!" Sophie answered back.

"You're going with Yasmin to my game later, right? I know you're angry but it was just a joke, G. You should have seen your face. It was priceless." Mason said laughing.

"Hahaha! It wasn't funny at all and I'll think about your game." She replied.

"Ok, that's not funny G. You always watch my game." Mason said frowning.

"Ok fine, i'll watch. By the way, i have a Science Quiz Bee on Saturday at the auditorium." Sophie said.

"I know, Yasmin told me. I'll be there." Mason replied and grabbed her hand.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Sophie asked.

"Just checking if you scratched your knuckles again when you punched me." Mason said looking at her hands.

"You should check your face instead. I think your eye is turning blue." Sophie teased.

"Nah, that's not possible. I barely felt it this time." He replied.

The door opened and Mr. Alex entered glaring at them.

"You can leave now Mason. Coach Adrian is looking for you and the game is about to start. Sophie, you stay back and reflect on what you did." He said.

"What?!" Both Sophie and Mason exclaimed.

"Oh no Mr. Alex. Sophie always watches my game. She already apologized. Can she please go?" Mason pleaded.

Mr. Alex's eyes looked at them confused. "Ok, fine. Both of you can leave now." His eyes widened when Mason grabbed Sophie's hand and left the room.

"What was that?" Mr. Alex thought as he saw them holding hands and running towards the court.

-------------

I truly enjoyed writing this book. I made some revisions on the first two parts to enhance Sophie and Mason's relationship.