Chapter 27

His car door is like a gate for changes. I know everything will officially change once I get down from his car. Maybe, it's the door to finally move forward. It could be door to enter a new chapter without him. It could also be the time to let go from him, and forget what we had. And once I get down, there is no going back. The car is parked infront of the hotel. Connor has not said a single word, neither have I. We stayed there, and the car is completely filled with silence. I was torn between getting out, and staying. I looked at Connor, and he turned his head at me. I waited for him to say something, but he didn't so I decided to open the door.

Connor didn't stop me. He didn't pull me back. He didn't say anything to make me stay with him. I guess that only happens in the movies. Not everyone gets a happy ending, or at least I don't get mine.

As I was walking away from his car, I saw Sean running towards me. Jace and Ava was behind him. Sean grabbed me, hugging me very tight. It was the type of hug where not even a small muscle could move. I felt somehow relieved by his embrace. I felt secured without any doubts. I wrapped my hands around him, and didn't let go.

"I was so worried about you!" Sean lets go. He looked at me. His eyes were filled with worry. Sean pulled me back, giving me another hug. "I'm just glad you're here."

"What happened to you?" asked Ava. "You just disappeared! We had to report you as a missing person."

"I'll call the police to let them know you're here," say Jace. "We'll talk." He glared at me.

I nodded. When I turned around, Connor was no longer there. All of us went inside, and headed to my room. I sat down. Jace was still on his phone talking to somebody, while Sean grabbed me something to drink.

Ava sat beside me. "Where have you been?" she asked.

I sighed. "I was with Connor," I answered. Sean sat down beside me. He looked surprised and worried at the same time. He placed the glass on the table.

"You were with your boyfriend?" asked Jace, louder than usual. He came over to the living room. "We were here worried sick, while you were out with your boyfriend? Are you kidding me? Police were involved! Your father was furious! Why didn't you tell us before you left? You could have called us!"

Ava got up. "It's okay. She's here. That's what's important." She placed her arm on Jace, telling him to calm down. "I gotta go back to the store. Sean should stay. Can you drive me?" she asked Jace. He nodded, and they took off.

Sean locked the door. "Start talking," he ordered. He came back to the living room. I did what he said. I told him everything that happened, and everything Connor told me. I didn't leave anything. He knows everything I know, and I can tell him anything. I trust him with my own life. I went to the bedroom, and Sean followed. I grabbed my suitcase and gathered all of my belongings. "What are you doing?" asked Sean.

"I'm going home. I'm talking to my parents to find out the truth once and for all."

"You can't do that. You can't just leave, Zoe."

"And why not?"

"You're gonna get yourself in a lot of trouble."

"I'm already in there."

"Zoe, please."

"Sean. I want to get this over with. I need to."

Somebody knocked on the door. I opened it. It was Olivia. "Hi, Miss Zoe. I came to check up on you. You were missing, and I heard you were back. I'm glad you're okay."

"Come in." I opened the door wider. Olivia came inside, standing behind me. Sean was just watching us. "Olivia. I need you to do something for me." She just stared at me not saying anything. "I need you to book me a plane ticket right now. I need to leave today, as soon as possible. Can you do that?"

"Mr. Anderson said you're staying the whole summer. There's still few weeks left."

"Do you love your job?" I asked. She nodded. "Then you will get me that plane ticket now if you don't want to lose your job." I smiled wryly. I gave my card to her before she left.

Sean approached me as soon as she was gone. He crossed his arms. "Was that really necessary?" he asked.

"Yeah. It was." I continued packing.

Sean grabbed my hand. "Are you seriously doing this? Did you even see Jace earlier? He was very worried about you. You just got back, and now you're leaving again."

"I can't just stay here and do nothing. This has to end, Sean. I know you'll understand, and he will too. Maybe now he doesn't, but he will."

"Will you come back?"

"Honestly? I don't know."

"I hope you will."