"Ew get away from me and go wash up while I dish up dinner," you say and push him away, slapping him on the but as he passes you.

"Okay, but not before I do this!" He grunts playfully as he runs over to the kids and scoops them up into his arms.

"Ah! Dad no!" Luke squeals in amusement.

"Yay! Daddy I missed you!" Isla shouts as she wraps her arms around his neck and buries her head in his chest, unphased by his stink.

"Aw I missed you too bubba." Bucky sighs and pats her on the back, kissing her cheek and resting his head on hers.

It's amazing how close they've gotten in such a short space of time.

"James! Go! Or else tea will get cold! And I'm not letting you sit at the dinner table looking or smelling like that," you scold him playfully. "You can tell us all about your day while we eat."

"Yes boss," he says sternly and puts down the kids to salute you before strutting off to your guys bedroom.

You can't help but think about how happy he seems tonight for the first time in ages.

You huff contently as you usher the kids back to their seats and add the finishing touches to the stew you made before you start to pour it into bowls.

"Isla it's lamb, your favourite." You smile as you turn to her and place a bowl in front of her.

"Yay! Yay! Yay!" She cheers and bangs her fists on the table.

"Here you go Luke," you say as you hand him his bowl.

You put a bowl at Bucky's place and then take your own before sitting at the table to wait for him. Although the kids know to wait you can see them straining to keep there hands back.

"Mm, smells delicious." Bucky finally sighs as he walks back into the room and leans over your shoulders to kiss you on the cheek.

"You smell a lot better too," you remark now that he's dressed in his pyjamas and smells fresh and clean with nice, fluffy hair.

He pokes his tongue out at you as he takes his seat. "Thanks, I'm really feeling the love," he says sarcastically.

You all say grave before digging in.

"So," you start between mouthfuls. "How was it?"

"Pretty overwhelming," he admits. "But cool at the same time. Everything was so big, everything is the highest, most up to date technology. I'll hand it to Peggy and Howard. They've got the best of the best in everything there. If I was a bad guy I would be scared, good thing they don't know about it though."

"I can't believe they've got it all together so quickly," you point out.

"Well, Peggy's a very smart, driven lady and Howard who is also smart, has good connections. Together, I don't think anyone can stop them." He shrugs.

"It's so funny that you're now working with Howard Stark, he used to be your idol," you laugh lightly. "Now you're probably his idol with that arm of yours."

"Don't ever tell him that or he will never let me live it down," he mumbles as he chews a hunk of meat and points his fork at you.

"I won't, don't worry." You chuckle. "And... I've heard what Howard is like. There's nothing going on between him and Peggy right?" You add more seriously.

"Oh no, God no way. He might like to think there is but Peggy would never go there, and Steve wouldn't even let him get close to trying. Not that he would try now that Steve is going to be around them so often." Bucky shakes his head.