Disappearances

I'm an asshole I know, this chapter is beyond late but at last its finally here so dont hate me too much. I made this one quite long (3777 words) so I'm hoping you guys enjoy it. I'm a bit iffy about where I went with this chapter but let me know what you think. If people dont like where I went with the chapter I'll happily change it. Anyway I hope you enjoy it!

--2 weeks later—

I woke up to the sound of someone pacing around downstairs, it was only 5AM which confused me because nobody was usually up this early. I got out of bed and quietly made my way to the living room to see what was going on. When I peered inside I saw slenda clearly distressed about something as she paced back and forth. To get her attention I knocked on the door but the sudden noise startled her and made her launch one of her tendrils at me which luckily missed although she put a nasty hole in the wall next to me. "Jesus Christ Slenda what's got you so on edge?!" I asked as I checked out the fresh hole in the wall. "It's Zalga." Slenda stated making my attention immediately switch back to her. "Zalga? What did she do that has you so on edge?" "It would be easier if I showed you..." Slenda said as she held onto my shoulder and teleported us to the edge of the forest. What I saw sent a chill down my spine, all along the outskirts of the forest were missing posters of about 50 people. "There's no way... Are you sure this is Zalgas doing?" I asked in disbelief. "I don't know for sure but there's no other way to explain how so many people have disappeared." Slenda responded. "Didn't one of the girls back at the mansion notice anything weird going on?" "They did mention that they hadn't seen anyone for a while but that wasn't that unusual so we never thought much of it." Slenda explained then we both fell silent as we wracked our brains for a possible answer. "I think I know a way to find out but you'll need to trust me." "What do you have in mind?" She asked. "Let me head into town to see if I can find any answers there." Slenda stood there in silence as she thought about it. "Look Slenda, I know you don't like the idea of letting me go off on my own but this is something only I can do and it's probably the fastest way to get answers" "Fine. But be careful, if something happens we won't be able to help you." She warned. "I'll be fine. Can we head back quickly though? I want to get changed before I head out". Slenda took me back to the mansion so that I could get ready then dropped me off on the outskirts of town. We decided to not to tell the others about what I was going to do yet in case they did something reckless. As I was walking down the street I noticed something was off it seemed like a lot of the stores had closed down and many homes were vacant. It was already 8AM and there wasn't a single person around, the place was a ghost town "This is worse than I thought". I made my way to a nearby shop and found what was left of some local newspapers and began to read to see if I could find any answers. It didn't take long to find an article talking about the recent disappearances, it turned out that more and more people had been going missing over the last month or so without a trace and many people began to fear for their lives. As a result everyone in town had left in fear of becoming the next victim of this unknown terror. Police officers and detectives were too afraid to carry out any searches for the missing people as rumours of a supernatural force being the cause began to spread like wild fire. These rumours were the result of multiple eye-witness reports of a large, skinny humanoid creature being seen near the time people went missing.

I couldn't believe that we didn't notice something this big happening sooner, granted the mansion is isolated in the middle of the forest but still... At least I now knew that this was undoubtedly Zalgas doing and there was no doubt that this humanoid creature they're describing is the rake. "How did the rake get past Slenda and the girls, get into town, kidnap someone and get out again without leaving a trace. It doesn't make sense". I decided to wander around town a bit more to see if it really was completely deserted and as I was strolling around I ended up outside my old house which seemed a bit rundown now. I walked up to the front door and lifted up a flower pot next to it which had a door key hidden underneath. I picked the key up and went to unlock the front door but it was already unlocked for some reason. "Strange...Maybe I forgot to lock it that night." I carefully opened the door, walked inside and began to look around. Everything was where I had left it the only difference being that it was all covered in dust. I made my way upstairs to my room and was kind of annoyed at what I found, all my wardrobes and cupboards were open with some clothes scattered around my room. It was obvious who the culprit was, "I think me and Slenda are going to need to have a talk about this..." I mumbled as I cleaned my room although it was kind of pointless seeing as I probably wouldn't be coming back but it was for peace of mind I guess.