Chapter Seven

I didn't sleep well that night.

For one, Nick's loud snoring.

Second, guilty thoughts of Delilah and Ellie ruined any rest I might've wanted.

The group ended up putting us just outside of their cell block, cutting us off from them but also keeping us safe.

Not being able to bear Nick or the boredom anymore, I eased myself up off of the paper-thin mattress. I stumbled a bit, then regained my balance. I felt the cut on my arm open and watched as my blood stained the bandage. I winced, but I tried to ignore the pain. I decided to walk around aimlessly and let my thoughts consume me.

Lost in my mind, I didn't hear the footsteps approaching until they were just around the corner. Panicking, I tried to open a few doors leading off from the hall. I found the first two locked, but the third opened soundlessly. Running inside and leaving the door open a crack, I watched out of it, careful to stay out of sight. Rick walked right by the door toward where I'd come from. I let out a shaky sigh and closed the door completely.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" A voice asked from behind me.

《Carl's POV》

Amy twisted around, her eyes wide. She scanned the small room that was empty except for the stool I was sitting on and myself. Two barred windows let the moonlight seep into the room.

"I, uh, I was just going for a, um, walk-" She began to stutter out, but I quickly cut her off, rising up from my stool.

"Do you want something from us? Or to steal from us? Supplies? Weapons? Are you looking for an exit? Because you were lucky that we let you stay here."

"No, no I just needed to clear my
head-"

"You realize that if it weren't for us, you'd still be in Woodbury, being tortured, raped, or fucking dead?"

"I was just taking a goddamn walk, okay, princess?" Amy walked closer to me with every word, hands on her hips, obviously pissed off. "Just because you decided to leave me behind doesn't mean that you have the right to be an asshole."

"You're still on about that? Well, I'm sorry that you decided not to show up!"

"Screw you, Carl! My parents were dead by the time I got there, and I needed a moment to mourn!"

I hesitated, almost wanting to apologize. But then thoughts of my mother passed through my mind and I couldn't.

"My mom died giving birth to my little sister, and I was the one who had to end it! Grief is a weakness, Amy. Sometimes we need to move on quickly to survive!"

She didn't respond and only stared at me furiously. After a couple seconds she turned around and went to the door. Amy opened it and turned around, glaring at me. She had her hand on the knob and with the other she flipped me off. She slammed the door behind her, leaving me alone, bathed in the moonlight. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a bent piece of paper. I held it tightly in between my fingers. I was still fuming from the argument, but when I looked at the picture of my mother, I seemed to almost relax completely.

I knew from the moment that I saw Amy again that I still had feelings towards her. It wasn't exactly a big secret back then, when we were still in school. I decided to see if my feelings were for real.

《Amy's POV》

As I stomped down the hall, I could practically feel the smoke coming out of my ears. When I got to the end of it, I leaned against the wall and rubbed my temples.

"Amy!" Carl ran down the hall towards me and I mentally groaned. I began to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist.

I shook off his hand and faced him. "Touch me again and I'll rip your fucking throat out." His face calm, Carl grabbed my arm and stepped closer towards me.

"Did you hear what I just told you?" I asked, trying to squirm out of his grasp. His intense gaze made me stop and I stared right back. I could feel his hot breath on my face, and it surprisingly smelled good. He was so close that all I could smell was the outdoors and... mint? The world seemed to stop as I stared into his eyes and he stared into mine. He lowered his face closer to me, only a couple inches apart. His soft lips touched mine, and I couldn't help but give in and kiss back.

//an

lmao crappy chapter i'm sorry

i'm also sorry that i haven't updated in forever

don't even have an excuse

oops

this story is such crap i'm gonna cry and go read some more bellamy fanfiction