Chapter 6-I'm Not Pathetic

"I-I can't believe it!" Carl said, giving me an odd look. "I thought you had died."

"Of course I didn't die," I spat. He had saved me before. I would be dead without him. It was a miracle he was still breathing. A miracle I found him. Why was I being mean? What was wrong with me? "Who d'you think I am? Some pathetic schoolgirl who is too frail to even hold up a gun?"

"I-I'm sorry-"

"Apparently you weren't sorry enough to look for me for five minutes," I was out of the car now, standing in front of him, sending the girl Kimberly behind his back. "Don't say you're sorry. 'Cause you aren't."

Carl stood there uncomfortably, an expression of complete shock on his face. He was speechless.

"You two know each other?" Rick said, appearing next to us and shifting his eyes between Carl and I. Glenn, Daryl, and Nick walked up behind.

"We met once before," I said, not letting Carl speak. I grabbed Nick's hand unconsciously."Just as our world came tumbling down."

"Why didn't you too stick together?" Rick said, clearly puzzled.

"We should probably get them inside," Daryl noticed me clutching my stomach with my free hand in pain. Standing up finally caught up with my body, and I almost collapsed coughing violently. "Treat first, ask later."

Glenn bent down, allowing me to get up on his back. I let go of Nick and climbed on. I didn't think I could make it up to the prison by myself.

"...There," A blonde girl applied the last bandage to my arm. Her name was Beth. She seemed pretty gentle. Nothing to hate about her yet. I was outside one of the cell blocks. Some adults including Glenn, Daryl, and Rick stood huddled in a corner, muttering. Some would glance frequently and look at me slumped against the wall, muttering under their breath. With his back to me, Glenn pointed in my direction, his voice raised, but I couldn't hear his voice. I hope he was arguing in my defense. He seemed like a good soul. Beth got up and walked into the cell block.

"Hey," Nick nudged me in the arm.

"What?" I said, fazed. I must've been spacing out, and I felt my eyes refocus. Nick was sitting next to me, legs crossed, fiddling with a pocketknife.

"What are we gonna do about Ellie and Delilah?" He took the pocketknife and traced the tip along the floor, drawing small swirls. I bit my lip. I felt shame creep up my spine. I'd forgotten about them with all that had happened.

"We need to get them, obviously," I said, determined.

"Yeah, but I'm not so sure they're willing to let us go back so soon..." Nick stopped tracing and nodded his head towards the group. They were still mumbling, heads down.

"I'm not just going to sit back and wait for them to turn up dead-" I started, my voice rising, but was interrupted.

"We've come to a decision," Glenn stood in front of us, hands clasped behind his back, lips set in a straight line. He didn't look too happy with the choice the group made. That couldn't mean anything good. "You can stay. But we won't allow you to sleep in the cell block. Not yet, at least."

"We have a home already," I said firmly. "We just need help getting back to it."

"I think it would be safer if you stayed with us," Glenn dropped his voice and glanced around. "If I can get the others on board, we can help you find your home."

//author's note
please don't hurt me
I'M SORRY OKAY
I GOT WRITER'S BLOCK A LOT
and it's kinda short
;-;
anywhore c;
I hope you enjoyed the latest chapter of forever and always
like if you enjoyed
I like comments too *wink wink*
and follow if you want to see more fanfics
I'll try to upload sooner on the next one
thanks for reading
ily
BYE