Chapter 5-Torture and Rescue

Woodbury. That's where the center of hell is. It's where we had rescued Ellie. It's where the men had taken us and where we had been the past few days. I hadn't seen the three of them since that day. I had gotten no food, no water, and almost no sleep.

I screamed as the blade swiped across my arm, leaving a trail of blood that slid down my wrist and dripped onto the floor.

"Haven't gotten enough joy from my pain yet, huh?" I smirked at the man who held the bloody knife in his hand. He had been torturing me for hours; seemed he was only doing it for entertainment. No questions had been asked of me since I got here.

"How can you be making jokes at a time like this?" He raised the knife to my cheek, tracing it gently across my cheekbone, before cutting into it, leaving me to wince and clench my teeth in pain. It hurt like hell. My whole body did. I'd been punched and kicked, then someone thought it was a good idea to give dumb-ass a knife. I had been strapped into a chair, the rope rubbing into my wrists. "You should be begging for forgiveness."

"I would never stoop that low," I laughed coldly. "While we're havin' this nice chat, you aren't doing this just for enjoyment, are you?"

Now it was dumb-ass's turn to laugh. "We remember you and your meddling friends. Surprised? Thought you could get away with takin' our experiment?"

"Experiment?" I gave him a puzzled look, but I knew what he was talking about. Ellie. She had been an experiment?

"That girl," He took a cloth from off the table and slowly wiped my scarlet blood from the knife. "Pretty short. Blonde hair. Very bossy."

"She was bossy here too?" I snickered. "Yeah. We took her from this pain and suffering. What kind of sick people are you? Experimentin' on some poor girl. You people are worse than I originally thought."

His response was, no surprise here, a punch to the face. I could feel the cut tear a little more open and I yelled out. Then he got real close to my face. Before he could speak, I spit the metallic tasting blood that had formed in my mouth into his face. "Do you think this is some sort of game?" He wiped off his face angrily.

"Well I am fourteen so you know-"

"Shut up for a second," The man stood up straight and craned his neck. I quieted my breathing and then I heard it. Screams and gunshots. But was it a good or bad thing? "Shit." The man had forgotten all about me and stupidly dropped the knife close to my feet. He ran out, slamming the door behind him. Luckily, my legs weren't tied down. Perfect. My feet scooped up the blade easily and I tried to reach it to my hands. It wouldn't quite reach... I heard gunshots and shouts come closer. I strained my hand to try and grab at the knife, but I was tied down too tight. The loud noises came closer and closer. Down the hall. Then closer to the room. I wasn't taking the chance that they would save me, much less let me survive. The knife was close, but not close enough. Reach just a little farther... Then the door slammed open. I dropped the knife from shock and it skidded across the floor.

A man stood in the doorway, an unshaven face, clothes dirty and covered with blood. He held a gun up, scanning the room. His eyes caught me and his eyebrows raised.

"Glenn!" He yelled out and lowered his gun. "There's a girl in here!"

Glenn ran up to the door, also supporting a gun. He was Asian, and pretty buff. "A girl?" His eyes ran me up and down, resting for a moment on my cuts and bruises. "Should we-" But I couldn't hear what Glenn said to the unshaven man next, he mumbled too quietly. I wasn't going to plead for my life. Hell no. I was stronger than that. So I would stay silent, and keep a straight face.

"We should," The unshaven guy nodded his head. "It's the right thing to do." I gulped. Sometimes the right thing wasn't a good thing.

Glenn handed his gun to Rick and took his knife from his holster. He walked towards me and I flinched as he cut free the ropes. "Don't worry," He tried to soothe me. "I won't hurt you." I highly doubted that. I rubbed my aching wrists and tried to stand up, but immediately fell to the ground, the world was spinning. Glenn picked me up easily, putting me on his back. I weakly wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his middle. He put his knife back into his holster, and supported my legs with his hands. "I know how it feels," Glenn said so that only I could hear, walking back to the unshaven man. "You'll be okay."

That was the start of our father-daughter-like relationship. But for now, he was a strange Asian guy that saved me from hell. On the floor of the hall there were guys dead, probably from Woodbury. Blood was spattered all across the walls. When we walked past the guy who had tortured me, and I saw bullet holes in his chest, my heart swelled. He deserved what he got.

Gunshots went off down the hall and Glenn and the other man walked quickly toward it, the other guy with his gun up again, safety off. We came to the entrance of the building, and I began to panic. What about Ellie?! And Nick?! And Delilah?! I couldn't leave them! Not after I had made a promise.

"WAIT!" I yelled shrilly, making them stop in their tracks. "I-I came here with friends!"

"We really don't have time-" The unshaven man started, but was stopped by running footsteps coming from the hallway behind us. The unshaven man raised his gun and turned that way, but lowered his gun as quickly as he had risen it.

"Daryl!" Glenn called as he turned that way too. "Did you find anything useful?"

"Yeah, I found a bunch of ammo and some meds," Daryl said, gesturing to his bag. Daryl had brown hair, and he carried a crossbow. "And I found some comics for your boy, Rick."

Daryl handed the unshaven man, who now was Rick, several comic books. I looked at them eagerly. I was kind of a nerd. As much as you can be during the zombie apocalypse. I snapped out of my geek trance and heard footsteps behind Daryl. I looked and there was Nick.

"Who's tha' you got there, Glenn?" Daryl pointed at me, having an accent like mine.

"I'm Amy," I raised my head confidently. Nick appeared next to Daryl, carrying a satchel.

"Amy!" Nick called out in surprise; he hadn't seen me behind Glenn. "What did they do to you?"

"I'm fine-" I started, but began to cough up blood violently. Got some hell of a timing. "Sorry, Glenn."

"We should really get goin'," Daryl said, looking out the door.

"Hey!" I yelled, and everyone turned their attention to me. "What about the other people in my group?"

"Listen, sweetie," Daryl gave me a hard look. "We saved your ass. Now, we don't have time to save others. If you want to live, we have to leave. Now."

I didn't say a word. I mean, how could I? He was right. Why was everyone always right?

"Let's go," Rick said, cocking his gun. "Now, we got a prison we can take you both to, and fix you up," Rick nodded his head to me, then turned to Nick. "Are you hurt?"

"No, sir," Nick shook his head. "Just feel like I could eat a horse and drink the Atlantic Ocean."

"Good," Rick started to jog to the exit of this place, and we all followed. There was no one in sight. There was a car waiting for us, hidden by the bushes and brush.

-

"This is it," Glenn said, as we drove up to the prison. There was a fence blocking out all the Walkers, and there were plants overrunning everything. The prison looked pretty big, and kind of empty. There were a ton of Walkers, but we didn't have to deal with them. Daryl was ridding in front of us on his bad-ass bike, leading the way. A boy with brown hair and a blonde girl ran up, and opened the gate for us. The boy seemed familiar; where did I know him from?

"Thanks, Carl," Glenn rolled down his window and yelled out at the kids as we drove up to a stop next to them. "And you too, Kimberly."

"Carl?!" I partially yelled, shocked. I had left him in my thoughts as dead. I was sitting in the front seat, probably because they pitied me. I didn't need their pity, but I took the offer to sit shotgun. So I was visible from the outside. I could see him squint as he tried to see me. Then realization hit his face.

"Amy?!"

author's note

hey gurl

you're looking fiiiiiiiineee

come here often?

oh, you're just here to read the story?

well this is awkward

ANYWHORE

KIND OF A CLIFFHANGER BUT NOT REALLY

i hope you enjoyed this chapter of forever and always

and don't forget to leave a like or comment!

it helps give me motivation to write more

mm baiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever And Always (Carl Grimes fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara