Chapter 31: The Battle of The Labyrinth

Merry Christmas Guys! This is part of the large Christmas Update! And have a Happy New Year!  

High School is officially the worst place. How do I know?

Let's just say it has something to do with the cheerleaders that tried to flirt with me to death.

And I'm not even kidding, they tried to kill me...by flirting with me.

It just...they didn't seem to know, that I was slightly different than other males.

Mostly the fact that I liked certain people with certain genitals.

Which females don't have.

...Yeah.

Of course I was 15 at the time and the whole sexual identity of myself was not very concrete at the time. I just thought that they were creepy assholes that tried to flirt with me in the band room.

Then I saw their legs and went...yep, they're monsters.

Of course then Rachel came.

And of course the hole in the side of the high school (though I didn't get in trouble with that; in fact, I distinctly remember my dad giving me thumbs up behind Papa's back).

I dragged Rachel out of the smoking hole and ran into Luke who didn't seem happy meeting Rachel who still clutching me demanding answers that she only slightly needed.

From there we went back to camp and met with Quintus who was apparently a sword-master with a pet Hellhound named Mrs.O'Leary.

I instantly fell in love with the giant Hellhound that are normally trying to kill me, but come on, look at the little bloody face and you're fall straight for it.

Maybe.

Though, Luke disagrees with me about Mrs.O'Leary, I just ignore him for the rest of the day before he reluctantly tells me he sees my point of view regarding Mrs.O'Leary.

He usually sees my side of things if I ignore him for a day...I wonder why?

From there things went slightly underground.

Like, literally. During Camp Half-Bloods annual Friday Night Capture the Flag we discovered something rather important.

And by we I say me and Annabeth who was also guarding the flag with me.

We may have come across three scorpions and had accidentally discovered The Labyrinth (and yes the T in the deserves to be capitalized).

Which apparently isn't really good with the whole correct time.

Because for a few minutes for us were hours for the upper world. Let's just say Luke and Grover were both annoyed with us for taking so long even though we were barely gone for a few min-...right, let's ignore that last bit shall we.

After a large debate about what Ethan may be planning and lot of debating and arguing it was come to discussion that we would explore and try to find the center of The Labyrinth to see about asking Daedalus (and wasn't that a surprise to find was actually true) and helping the camp or at the very least making sure Ethan didn't use it for an escape route or passageway.

I somehow got roped into the quest with Luke, Annabeth, and Grover who had a week to find Pan (which was crazy, if I could've I so would've just gave thousands of dollars to The Council to give Grover more time but they would've just tried to eat the money).

So, there the four of us were in the large maze that existed beneath the normal world. Can't way to tell dad and see if he can explain how no one has found it while finding the layers of earth.

Maybe it was Inner Core of the earth? But then how has it not melted or anything? This requires more thought than I originally thought about.

Right, back to the quest.

We discovered the Triple G Ranch which had flesh-eating horses (and you don't want to know what they were saying at all. It was quite disturbing, I think I need psychologist just to get the images out of my head that they painted when talking about killing and eating me).

We met with Nico, who was just a naive little kid for trying to trust the owner about something about some sort of Half-Sister in the underworld or something.

Then the owner showed his true colors and let's just say, I had the perfect aim like Uncle Clint usually does (which is surprising, because the last time I held a bow and arrow I somehow hint Uncle Clint...who was behind me...behind glass....in another room).

From there we Hephaestus and he gave us a spider to follow to defeat some telekhines...

I swear the volcano erupting was not my fault...

Just, maybe a little bit.

...Okay it was me but it was totally the telekhines fault. They're the one's that threw lava at me. And that stuff hurts! After a few throws...

Met Calypso by the way, she's hot. If I was into that. Was surprised when I showed no interest in her.

Summoned a boat, promised to try and help her, then went back home.

To discover that arriving when one's Fleece is about to be burned is probably the worst time. I mean, talk about crashing one's funeral and how that's no awkward or anything.

Luke was mad.

I don't really know why.

He also didn't seem to like the fact I was marooned on a island with some girl that usually made men fall in love with her before they left said island.

I really have no idea why he was so annoyed by her and me being on the island.

No reason at all.

From there I dragged Rachel into the quest (again with Luke being annoyed) and we managed to find out way through the maze and found Daedalus who turned out to be Quintus .

After finding Daedalus and finding that Ethan can now navigate the labyrinth we rushed back to camp to help defend it.

Grover did a thing he learned from the Labyrinth, Annabeth got something from Daedalus, Nico came and saved us. You know, the usual.

Yeah, that was my third summer at Camp Half-Blood anyway.

Oh! We found Pan too in the labyrinth, before he faded. Just thought that might be slightly important.