Chapter 9- Air Ride

As the day grew closer that they were going to ride to Malibu Percy grew more nervous.

He kept looking at the sky for no reason but Tony and Happy just thought it was because this was his first time in an airplane and he was scared.

Which wasn't far from the truth. They decided to take a small walk one day and Percy wandered off toward a small river.

He looked at it and spotted a reflecting light that was coming from the water. Tilting his head he made his way toward the light and picked it out of the water.

It was a small gold coin but there was mud on it making it unable to see what else was on it. Percy frowning ducked his hand back into the water, the coin in his hand, and rubbed the mud off.

Taking it out of the water the mud seemed to have been taken care of and he held it up toward the light.

There was the empire state building on one side for some odd reason and when he turned it over his mind filtered what it image was. A Greek history of sort.

He frowned wondering why a Greek coin or whatever it was had the empire state building in it.

Then he was thinking about the upcoming trip once more and wished for their trip to be safe and nothing bad to happen.

"Percy?" Tony's voice startled Percy enough that he dropped the coin into the river once more where is made a sploosh sound.

There was this misty sea smell as Percy looked down to try and find it but couldn't.

"What's up bud? Why'd you run off?" Tony asked as he watched Percy dig thru the water.

Percy just shook his head figuring he imagined it as he noticed the musty smell disappear, "Doesn't matter." he said smiling goofy at Tony, "are we ready to go?" suddenly excited about the trip.

Tony smiled when he noticed Percy seemed more relaxed, "Yeah, come on bud let's get going. I'm sure you're going to love the ocean view." Tony said his smile widening when Percy's smile brightened and became excited.

Percy practically skipped back toward the house dragging Tony with him as Happy was loading the last of the bags in the car so they could head to their private plane at the airstrip.

"Are we racing sir?" Happy asked

Tony frowned and looked thoughtful, "Maybe when Percy isn't in the car. Next time Happy." Tony said slapping Happy on the shoulder before climbing into his sports car.

He said he wasn't racing but going over the speed limit by around 20 wasn't too bad now was it, "Whose car do you want to take bud? Mine or Captain Sad over there?" Tony asked grabbing some sports shades and putting them on.

Percy smile widens and he raced over to Tony's car. Happy just shook his head and before Percy could get in recommended a booster seat just in case.

Percy was stubborn not to have one but Tony won him over saying that maybe next time he didn't need it but for that day he was going to be in one.

Percy sighed unhappily but was then excited when Tony speed off toward the air stripe. Happy right behind them.

It didn't take long for them to get to the air stripe with the empty back roads they took and their cars going over the speed limit and soon they were there.

Percy was wide eyes with excitement that practically screamed 'Again!'.

"Maybe when we get to Malibu." Tony said smiling his eyes hidden by his sports shades.

Percy's smile just widened in response and undid the belt of the booster seat and climbed out of the car.

Happy wasn't too far behind them but enough that it took a few seconds before he arrived and got the luggage into the plane.

Fueled up and ready they entered the plane and Percy took a moment to frown when that sea misty smell came back and the wind seemed as if it brushed over his hair before he just shook his head and bounded up the plane's steps toward Tony.

The flight wasn't too bad but Percy absolutely refused to look out the window after the first time he did when they were taking off.

When he did first take off his face paled and he hide in Tony's shoulder afraid to look out once more.

"I think he's afraid of heights." Happy said to Tony when Percy excused himself to the private bathroom and it's all glory.

"You think he'll be okay at the house. You know how it's overlooking a cliff." Tony said as he set the laptop he was working on with Jarvis next to him.

"He seemed to be okay at the New York Estate. I think he just doesn't like being this high up. We are in cloud zone and such. If anything he might get scared at first but I think he'll be okay." Happy said reassuring Tony.

There was a flush and the sound of the faucet turning then Percy made his way out. He bounded over to Tony and snuggled up close to him bringing a small blanket that was near him and wrapped it around his shoulders snuggling deeper into Tony and his leg.

"Tired bud?" Tony asked amused.

Percy shrugged and reach for the TV remote. Happy moved off with a smile and handed Tony the remote who handed it to Percy in return.

Percy turned the TV on and started to watch Gravity Falls. For the most part Tony was working on his laptop before his mind started to wander to the television show.

Not long after his mind wandered before he closed his laptop and put it aside and started to watch the show with Percy snuggled in his side.

What had become of the great and cold-hearted Tony Stark?