Chapter 26: The Plan

So this book is actually almost done (cue cries from the fans who like this book) and I don't really want to redo all of the series (this is more of a reminder of that fact). So, I am actually almost done. 

The real question now:

Who do you want to be part of the Avengers Read fiction that aren't the Avengers? I plan on Coulson and Fury but anyone else (like maybe idk Winter Soldier and/or Rhodey)? I doubt I'll do many from Agents of SHIELD unless you REALLY want someone from that series.

"What did he want to talk about?" I asked a little cautiously.

"Mostly, how to protect you from monsters that seem to attack Greek Demigods," Dad said bluntly.

"Oh so now monsters are going to be attacking me. This day just gets so much better," I sighed dramatically and leaned into dad who sat on the edge of my bed.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "I know it sucks. But this does open a world of possibilities. Like, for example, how to get technology to work with you that doesn't attract monsters. Because that's apparently a thing and I will not have any son of mine with no phone," Tony rambled lightly.

"Is there anywhere where I'm safe from these monsters? And I should probably buy a few books on Greek Monsters shouldn't I?"

"Yes to both questions. There is a place in Long Island. It was thought to be a strawberry field that was handled by campers over the summer, but it's actually a place for demigods to go to during the summer," Dad explained to me.

Thinking over this new information, a thought occurred to me. "I'm going to have to go there don't I?" I asked fearfully. I didn't want to be away from my dad and family. Am I forced to go there? Was dad giving me up now that he knows I'm a demigod and monsters are going to be after me?

As if sensing my darker thoughts, Dad quickly shifted so he was in his lap and he was giving me a hug while rubbing my back soothingly. "Steve, Poseidon, and I have talked and we decided that when you're around eleven or twelve that we're going to send you to the camp. In the meantime, Poseidon dropped off this pen-sword that I totally want to analyze later today. He says that he knew it was meant for me and that Steve, Natasha, and maybe Clint can help train you."

Feeling calmer as dad told me the plan concerning my future, I quickly snuggled into his embrace and let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"That sounds like a good plan. I'm assuming Steve will teach me hand-to-hand, Natasha will teach me how to wield a sword and knife, and Clint a bow-and-arrow?"

"That's correct," Dad confirmed as he kissed my hair lightly and patted my back lightly, "Now, I think it's bedtime. Steve and I need to talk to you tomorrow."

I rubbed my eyes and tried to suppress a yawn as I crawled back toward my pillow and under the covers. Blinking my suddenly tired eyes, I mumbled to dad, "If this is about you two being together, I don't think we need to have that conversation."

Closing my eyes, I didn't see dads shocked express before it twisted into a 'of course he would know' look with a roll of his eyes.

"Goodnight, Perseus," Dad lightly teased as he turned off my bedroom light and closed the door behind me.

I up near noon the next day and felt surprised that Dad and Steve would let me sleep in so late. That was, until I remembered that Clint likes to play pranks when I looked at the clock on my phone.

It was 5 Am in the morning. Why I was awake so early, I have little idea. All I knew was that I was itching to just do something and was full of energy.

Was this what some people feel like when they have sugar? They're full of energy where they can just run around and around and around and around?

Must be nice.

Hastily getting out of bed and getting dressed, I raced toward the kitchen and saw Steve cooking breakfast.

He noticed me almost immediately and I saw him raise an eyebrow. "Why are you awake so early?" he asked

I shrugged and bounced on my heels. I had to refrain from reaching for the toaster on the counter just to mess around with and do something with my hands and energy.

Steve just sighed and left the pancakes for a second to grab a soda from the fridge and place it in front of me.

Sighing at the fact that my energy levels will soon level out, I grabbed the soda and started to sip it.

A few minutes later, I felt the effects and noticed that I wasn't bouncing in place anymore. Slipping into one of the stools around the kitchen. I watched as Steve continued to cook, sometimes glancing my way to make sure I was okay.

"Can I help?" I blurted out without thinking.

Steve paused to stare at me before nodding and beckoning me over toward the pancakes that were cooking.

Slowly, he showed my what to look for so I can flip it okay as he started to get the bacon and toast ready.

"Like this?" I asked as I flipped on of the pancakes.

Steve smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "It's perfect."

With both of us working on breakfast, it was ready in no time and had awoken the rest of the team by it's delicious smell.

With everyone focused on eating, no one really talked until plates were being stacked near the sink for cleaning.

"Percy, can we talk to you about something real quick?" Steve asked as he stood next to dad.

"Sure," I told them simply as I followed them into dad's workshop.

"Percy, here's the thing-" Steve started awkwardly before I interrupted him.

"If this is about you two being together, save your breath. I pegged you as a couple since we were introduced Steve," I told them with amusement dancing in my eyes.

Tony shook his head lightly with a smile on his face. He had a told-you-so face on as he looked at Steve who looked frozen.

"I just have one request," I told them sounding innocent and totally ignored their weary look that entered their eyes.

"What would that be?" Dad asked hesitantly.

Grinning widely I simply replied, "I get to call Steve, Papa from now on."

Feeling accomplished when I saw Steve start to open and close his mouth a few times while dad exploded into laughter.

"Deal." He said happily and I quickly exited the room when Steve turned to look at dad with such confusion and wonderment.

I'll let dad deal with Steve, I had to think of some sort of schedule to deal with my new training. Especially with school around the corner.