Chapter 14 - A New Herd

"Do you think they're going to leave?" Crash asked.

"I don't know. They are mammoths after all." I replied trying not to frown. Elle walked by us, giving us one last glance. I walked after her, but stopped when I realised this is her decision. Not mine.

Crash and Eddy also passed me.

"You too?" I asked, laying down, upset.

"You can come with us?" Eddy inquired. I looked back at Diego. I couldn't leave him. Not now.

"I can't." I whispered, lowering my head. They hugged me.

"We'll miss you." They cried.

"I'll miss you too!" They kissed my cheek and scurried off after Elle. I wiped away a lone tear, watching as they walked away. They seemed to be talking intently.

I sighed, before standing up. I walked slowly over to Diego.

"You okay?" He asked me gently. I shook my head.

"But I will be. As long as you're here." He smiled, hugging me. We approached Manny and Sid.

"You need to let go of the past if you want a future." Sid said.

"Go after her!" Diego encouraged.

"I did it. Now you should too, Manny." I reassured him.

"Don't worry. We'll always be here." Sid patted Manny's tusk as his voice cracked a little.

"I'll keep in touch." Manny told us.

"You tell Elle, I better be her maid of honour." I joked. Manny smiled.

"Yeah-yeah, yeah. You're a good friend." Diego looked down at the ground. "Point made, now go on." Manny smiled as he walked off after Elle.

"Our Manny's growing up." Sid said.

We watched as Elle and Manny hugged.

"Well it just me, you and Keri now. One bachelor. Whoo!" We turned and began walking off in the opposite direction.

"Fine, but I'm not going to carry you." Sid looked at me, but I shook my head. "I still have my pride you know."

"Oh! Come on!" Sid whined. "Buddy, for all times sake." He waved his hands, before clasping them together.

"I'll carry him!" Manny exclaimed, appearing out of nowhere and hoisting Sid up. I jumped slightly. Looking behind us, I saw Manny, Elle, Crash and Eddy.

"Elle!" I cried, running towards her. We hugged, before pulling away.

"Why did you leave without saying goodbye?!" I exclaimed, hitting her. She chuckled.

"I wasn't that long."

"Long enough." I huffed, before cracking a smile. "Couldn't live with out me, huh?" She laughed.

"Something like that." She teased.

"You're herds leaving." Diego pointed out, confused.

"We are now." Manny stated as Crash and Eddy slid off Elle, cheering. They landed on Diego's back, who smiled. Then me and Diego started walking ahead, side by side. Together.

"Manny, who do you like? Me or Diego?" Sid asked.

"Diego. Not even close." Diego laughed.

"Told you."

"Manny, you can't choose between your kids." Elle scolded.

"He's not my kid!" Manny protested. "Not even my dog." He added. "If I had a dog and my dog had a kid and my dog's kid had a pet, that-that would be Sid!"

"Can I have a dog, Manny?" Sid asked.

"No." Manny replied.

"Elle, can I have a dog?" Sid asked.

"Of course you can, sweetie." Elle replied, just to get on Manny's nerves. I stifled my laugh.

"Elle, we have to be consistent with them." Manny told her.

"But Manny!" I whined like a child, before smirking. Diego joined in, before laughing.