Chapter 4 - Second Impression

Manny, Diego and the sloth, who I learnt was called Sid, walked ahead. Elle grew paranoid and began to camouflage into stuff around her. Crash and Eddy copying. I stood in the open, knowing I would be easily able to protect myself.

I watched slightly amused as Elle tried her best to blend in, but failing miserably.

"Elle, it's okay. You're safe!" Manny shouted from ahead. I sighed and walked off, not joining the others, but far enough to give my legs a stretch.

The ground shook again. I jumped and dug my claws into the ground. Looking back, I saw Elle laying on her back, 'dead.' Manny stopped and walked up to her. I snatched my claws back out of ground, annoyed. Holes laid in the ground where my claws were. I covered them up seeing Diego approach me.

"Easy, kitten." He told me. I huffed and turned away from him. "Look, I'm sorry about before. We didn't exactly are a good first impression, but Manny's right. We need to work together like a family." He told me.

"The only family I need is Elle, Crash and Eddy! I don't need some sabre to be my hero!" I snapped.

"I never said that." He defended.

"But you were thinking it!" I accused. "But I ain't just gonna roll over and submit to you!" I sneered, turning my back to him.

"Something happened to you. Your old pack, maybe?" He stated. I tensed.

"No!"

"Yes!" He mocked. I huffed.

"Look, you don't have to tell me, but I get it. I left my pack because we didn't get along."

"I didn't leave!" I said firmly. "They- They kicked me out." I muttered, before walking off. I could feel Diego stare after me.

Elle was now up and running again, well, walking. And beside Manny. I started to see the resemblance between the two, but Elle was just a possum. An oversized possum. Not her fault she grew taller than the rest.

I was the shortest in my old pack. Didn't mean I was a rabbit or something.

Crash and Eddy walked beside me.

"You're right! You must be part possum!" Elle exclaimed, hitting Manny gently with her trunk, before walking ahead.

"You wish!" Scoffed Crash, high diving Eddy. I rolled my eyes, even though I kind of agreed with them.

Another Sabreजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें