Chapter 37 Determination

Start from the beginning

Micah huffed at me then drew a sign with his right forefinger in the air. A magazine suddenly fell in the palm his hand. He took the magazine and hit me on my chest with it. Then said "From here". I quickly grabbed the magazine and looked at the front page. There was written in bold letters on the front page of the magazine "Knightly Silverstone finally married the love of his life Bianca in private. The evidence of their love is the wedding ring he wears".

I couldn't control my anger and ripped the magazine in to pieces and said "Micah you got to believe me when i say that i never had anything with Bianca and never will. She's just a friend". Micah drew another sign with his forefinger in the air and all the tiny pieces of the magazine disappeared.

He looked at me and said "I believe you but that doesn't mean i'll leave my child with you". Those words hit me like a brick and i felt unwanted even unneeded. Micah turned around to leave and Kingsley started screaming again.

I couldn't take the pain of my child anymore and quickly grabbed Micah's hand. "Please Micah he clearly doesn't want to leave yet. Just let me take care of him. I promise you that i'll protect him with my life" i said to him in determination.

The moment i said that the same man we saw at the clearing with Micah appeared in front of us and said "Leader it's getting close we have to leave now otherwise we won't be able to investigate it". Micah looked at the now sobbing Kingsley and sighed.

He lifted Kingsley's head up and said "Alright Kingsley i'll do as you want. We'll stay for a few more days but i want you promise me and really mean it this time that you will behave ok?" Kingsley wiped his tears and nodded at his father. Micah quickly kissed him on his cheek and handed him over to me.

The moment Kingsley was in my arms he immediately hugged me tightly. Micah stroked his head and said "Use the clothes that are in the bag for the time being. I 'll be back tonight and we'll talk then". He then walked up to the man and before he disappeared he yelled "Oh and expect the whole Lockwood family to drop by from time to time".

My heart made a loud thumping sound when i heard that and thought to myself that the whole Lockwood family might hate me now thinking that i rejected Micah. It was certainly going to be difficult to face them. When i heard Kingsley breathing softly i immediately knew that he cried himself to sleep. I was glad to see that even if he was fierce and bossy he was still a child at heart.

I quickly placed a kiss on his head and grabbed his bag. Connor and i then both walked back to the hotel with our own son's in our arms. I couldn't help to feel proud that my son was finally in my arms. The moment i arrived at the penthouse i wiped Kingsley's body clean with a wet towel and changed his clothes. 

I put him to bed and decided to watch the three dvd's that Alec gave me. I grabbed my laptop from my nightstand and walked back to the bed. I sat next to Kingsley put my laptop on my lap and leaned my back on the headboard. I first put on the dvd with the camera footage of three years ago.

The moment it started playing i saw Mike walk in to the hotel with a baby carrier. Kingsley was just a toddler at the time and you could see that he was asleep. After him the whole Lockwood family walked in except Micah. I quickly put it on fast forward to see if he was there. 

The whole Lockwood family checked in and sat in the lobby. It looked like they were waiting for someone. I saw suddenly Micah appear in front of the camera with the man from before. He looked pale and tired.

Mike stroked his son's head and handed over the sleeping Kingsley to Micah. Micah hugged Kingsley tightly and placed a kiss on Kingsley's head. Then they walked together to the elevator and the images stopped there.

I pulled the dvd out of the laptop and put the second one in. This time i saw Kingsley run through the front door with Micah trailing behind him. He tried to catch Kingsley but he slipped away while giggling. Everybody was smiling at the beautiful boy. I noticed how much Kingsley had grown in one year.