Entry for lillypad1006's Contest

Well done on getting to this milestone! Here's a Bashdil oneshot for you!

Warning: May be triggering!

"Climb The Ladders"

Bodil's POV

I stared at the wall of my apartment. For countless years I had been alone, nobody but myself to talk to. It's driving me insane.

Ever since me and my friends split paths, it hasn't been the same. Mitch and Jerome now independently run the Nexus, Ryan's cosplay business is nearly at its peak, and Bash is the king of the Melon Kingdom. Where am I? Well, imagine a single Bulgarian guy who's nearly broke and has no job. That's where I am.

I don't even know how everyone except me managed to climb so high up the ladder.

Every time I think of my friends, my heart sinks into my shoes. I never even got to say goodbye...

With Bashur, it was worse. I never confessed my true feelings for him. I frowned. I hated myself for this. My parents told me I was a mistake, they told me I was never meant to be born. They made me feel like a mistake, beating me every day, abusing me in every way.

"I hate my life..." I whispered, tasting the bittersweet words in my mouth. So wrong, yet so right...

"I HATE MY LIFE!" I screamed, grabbing my sunglasses and throwing them at the wall. Both lenses shattered into shards of tinted plastic.

I stood up. Quickly walking into the bathroom, I knew what time it was. It was time to end this. My razor sat on the side of the sink. I picked it up, rolled up my sleeves and dragged the sharp blade across my arm. A long gash opened up in my arm, spilling blood which gushed down my arm and dripped onto the floor. Tears pricked my eyes, threatening to spill. I allowed them to. It's not like I care any more...

"Hello?" a somewhat familiar voice called. I didn't know who it could possibly be. Probably someone across the hall screwing with our heads again. Like the time someone hurled fun snaps everywhere and made us think we were being bombed. I sighed and started on my other arm.

"I know you're here..." the voice echoed. It seemed considerably closer now. I shivered. This was creepy... I remembered what I came here to do in the first place. Slowly I moved the razor up to my neck. I could hear footsteps now. Who could it be? The cops? Was I going to be arrested? Maybe it's one of those scenes in a horror movie?

Fists pounded on the door. "BODIL! I know you're in there! Let me in!" Whoever this was, they sure were desperate. Forget this being creepy; I was scared shitless right now.

"BODIL! IF YOU DON'T LET ME IN I WILL KICK THIS DOOR DOWN!" I felt all the blood in my body rush elsewhere as my face turned white. My hands shook. The razor was barely an inch away from my throat. I brought it closer, so that the sharp blade could work its magic.

The razor was in contact with the skin on my neck. I took a deep, shaky breath as I made a slight cut. This time I felt pain; more than I'd ever felt before. I was interrupted as the bathroom door flew across the room and smashed into the wall, sending splinters flying through the air, landing in random places.

A green, striped hand hung onto the doorframe. I felt my heart shatter into shards. I began hyperventilating. Bashur was here. He was going to watch me die. I dropped to my knees, unable to bear it.

I watched as Bash took in everything. The broken door, the blood on the floor, and me. Lying in a pool of blood, staining my clothes. He gasped, running over to me and hoisting me up. My weak legs barely allowed me to stand. I buried my head in his shoulder, tightly hugging his green, stripy melon body and began sobbing.

"Did you... why did you do this to yourself?" Bash put the pieces together in his cute accent. I heard him sniff. He too began to cry. I took a deep, shaky breath and spilled everything.

"B-Bash, I'm so, so sorry... I-I did this. And I h-hate myself for it! You have n-no idea w-what I've been through! M-My parents are out to get me, I-I'm not s-safe anywhere any more, Bash! The world h-hates me! I-I have no one! I-" I couldn't speak any more. My sobbing intensified as I stood on my weak legs, sniffling and sobbing into an equally despaired melon.

"Ssshhhh. It's okay, Bodil. I'm here." he tensed up as I tightened my grip on him. "I won't let anyone hurt you."

My tears dropped onto the floor, parting the puddles of blood on the floor. "Bash..."

"Yeah?" he was ready to listen. I felt my mind screaming at me. He was so oblivious to the point I was ready to make... but if this were to be the last thing I say, I wanted it out. Otherwise, it would be trapped inside forever, inaccessible.

"I-I love you," I choked out.

Bash's body tensed for a few seconds. No... he doesn't feel the same way. He never did. He never will... I was an idiot for believing it anyway...

One of his green arms embraced me. I gave a light gasp, muffled even more so by the blue sleeve of his shirt. My deep brown eyes widened in surprise. He... he does like me! I lifted my face upwards slightly, so that I could see him take off his glasses and tuck them into his pocket. His hand, now empty, cooperated with his arm and hugged me tight. I looked into his eyes. They were so warm, so welcoming. He rested his head on top of mine. One of his arms shifted from our embrace and travelled to the top of my head. Bash lovingly stroked my hair.

He picked me up and carried me out of the bloodied bathroom. "Hey Bash?" I asked, wanting to clear something up.

"Yeah, Boat-dil?" he teased.

"Where are we going?"

Bash stopped walking for a moment, staring as if in deep thought for a second before making eye contact with me and smiling. "Home."

Oh my... that made me cry. What's up with that? iismoaneh doesn't cry! (spot the lie xD)

Just letting you know, no, I've never cut myself before. And yes, I imagined Ryan running a cosplay line... #yolo

This will be dedicated once I get access to a computer, since I typed all of this on my phone at half eleven at night while eating Polos. (if you don't know what Polos are, they're just mints)

Back on topic, I hope you guys enjoyed that! Leave a comment or drop me a follow if you haven't already! See you all soon!