Chapter 33

(Diamonds P.O.V.)

I opened my eyes and immediately freaked out when I saw the ceiling. I sat up quickly. This wasn't my room in my house or anywhere else I've been to. This wasn't my room in the cave. So where was I? Then it all came flooding back; when we rescued Kathy, when I fought Aaliyah, when I came back and told Kai and Kathy what happened, and Kai taking care of me after I told him about my broken leg.

"Hey," said a random voice from next to my bed. I looked over and saw Kai sitting there staring at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," I replied still a little shaken with waking up the way I did. "You know, you really shouldn't do that it could get you killed one day."

"What are you talking about?" He asked as innocently as he could. I crossed my arms and look away from him.

"Staring at people while they're sleeping," I replied hotly. "It's quite disturbing actually. One would think your going to hurt them or something."

Kai chuckled at this. "Come on Nic," he said. "You know I'm not like that."

"Yeah yeah," I said smiling slightly. "So how's Kathy?"

"She's a little shaken up but shes fine," he replied. "Though she hasn't been able to eat or sleep at all since you came back and- hey what are you doing?!"

I was trying desperately to stand on my leg but it hurt just to move it. I was stopped, however, by two hands placed on both my shoulders and forcefully, yet gently, pushing me back.

"I need to see her," I said angrily putting my hands on Kai's wrists and trying to pull them off.

"No you don't," he replied just as angrily. "You need to rest. That foot won't heal if your walking on it."

"I don't care," I replied getting frustrated. "If she's not doing anything except worrying then I need to reassure her that I'm perfectly fine. You of all people should understand. She is your daughter after all."

"I'll go get her and bring her to you if you just promise to sit still," he said in a last attempt of keeping me still. When I looked at him in disbelief he just continued. "Seriously, if you behave and sit still then I will. Okay?"

"Fine," I huffed sitting back, crossing my arms and turning my head away from him. "Whatever."

Kai turned around once he made sure I wasn't going to leave. Seconds later there was a lot of loud noises and the door literally flew open and Kathy was there. She looked absolutely terrible. She had major bags under her eyes and her eyes were also blood shot. She looked as though she hadn't slept since we got back. She also had tears stained on her cheeks. When she saw me she looked as though she were going to cry again but instead she walked over to me and sat down on my bed.

"Nicola?" She asked, her voice cracking probably from lack of talking. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine," I replied looking at her with pure worry. "Are you alright? Kai told me you have ate or slept the entire time I've been here."

"I'm fine," she replied with a forced smile. "I was just a bit worried about you."

"I understand that," I said. "But you have to take care of yourself. After all if you were worried about me then you have to assume that maybe I'll worry about you if there's something wrong with you."

"I know," she said looking down at her feet. "I just didn't have the energy to do anything."

"Yeah," I said nodding and putting my hand on her shoulder. "I know how it feels."

She looked at me again and gave me a hug. "I'm happy your okay. I don't know if I could handle another person gone."

"Hey," I said pulling away from our hug. "You know I wasn't that badly injured. Only a broken leg. That's it."