Chapter 16

(Jace's P.O.V.)

She walked out, and I just stared at the door until I heard Kiki sniffle I looked at her as tears poured out of her eyes. I sat down, and pulled her in for a hug.

After awhile she finally settled down, and I played with her hair as I thought about what that note meant. I just couldn't believe how she had the guts to waltz on in here, and expect us to help her. Kiki had finally fell asleep, so I laid her down and covered her up.

I looked up at Alec and we walked out the room to the kitchen. I leaned against the counter and he stood across from me.

I kept on thinking about that name Robert Kohler. It sounded so familiar yet I couldn't put my finger on it. I started playing with the water that was left in a cup on the counter as I thought to myself.

"Dude Jace you need some rest" I heard Alec say. I shook my head I haven't been able to sleep for a couple days since my night terror I'm scared that there gonna come back.

He just shook his hand, and walked back into the room. I heard a door opening, and I looked up. The guy in the black hoodie walked in.

"Wave your coming with me" he said sharply.

I started laughing and looked at him.

"I will never go with you" I spat.

He was taken back by my comment, but then at the corner of my eye I saw Kiki in the doorway of the hallway along with Alec.

"Well you don't exactly have a choice anymore" he started and paused. He looked at Kiki and Alec and continued on. "I gave you a choice wave, but you didn't make the right one now either you come with me" he said pausing again.

He did some weird thing to Kiki that didn't let her use her powers or her wings. He walked up to her, and went behind her quickly with a knife to her throat.

I jumped, and went to run up to her. He seemed to forget about Alec. He used wind to push him off of her and the knife flew in the air. He caught it, and glared at him.

He then did the same thing he did to Kiki to him.

The guy took a gun out of his pocket, and we all froze he put it to the back of Kiki's head.

"Either you come with me or she'll be dead." he spat.

I couldn't believe what was happening before me. I looked at Kiki and she nodded. I looked at the guy, and sighed.

"Fine I'll come with you" I said sadly.

He laughed and nodded his head. "Good choice."

He put the gun back in its holster, and I put a bubble of water around him and started drowning him slowly. He smiled in the water I was confused. Then the door open, and the two girls walked in. The one with fire stood behind me, and whispered in my ear.

"If you don't let him go you'll be burned she said. I looked around I put him down, and the water bubble went to the girls, and him. Then all of a sudden my powers stopped. The water went away, and I couldn't feel my wings.

I looked around, and my eyes were stuck on Kiki's. I walked up to her and hugged her. I pit my forehead to hers, and whispered to her.

"I'm sorry my little flame, but I have to if I don't then that's your life on my hands I'm sorry. "

She grabbed my face, and then whispered.

" Hey I know you don't have a choice you don't have to be sorry just don't turn bad.............. Jace I love you"