17

Nathan's POV

Sienna pulled away from me like I had burned her. "Liam." We both said in unison. Sienna's head shot to mine and Liam looked shocked. "Nathan?" He questioned and Sienna gaped. "You.. You two know each other?" She questioned and I rolled my eyes. "Yes Sienna. Liam's my little cousin." I said purposely. I saw Liam roll his eyes and he looked over at Sienna. "You could've told me you were taken." He bit out and turned to leave.

"When did you meet him?" I questioned and she glared at me. "The gala," she shrugged and I glared back. "You were cheating on me?" I questioned and her head shot to mine. "You wanna talk about cheating? I was alone. We danced. Nothing happened and nothing's happened since." She looked shocked at her outburst and I realised she probably didn't mean to tell me that. "I don't think you should stay here tonight Nathan." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Why? Because he's here?!" I asked incredulously. "No, because you have a fiancée at home." She gave me a longing look and then left. Leaving me standing in the bedroom we once called 'ours'.

How the hell did everything get so twisted in a matter of seconds?

After quickly getting dressed, I looked in on Nina and Tyler's room before walking downstairs.  I found Liam and Sienna sitting at the counter drinking coffee and laughing animatedly. Great. She glanced at me from down the corridor as I opened the front door but I looked away quickly. I didn't wanna go to my house because I know Crystal would be sitting at home, waiting for me. I couldn't stand the girl but my mother had basically threatened me with losing my job. Crystal's dad was exactly like her. He threw hissy fits when things didn't go his way and my mother will do anything to keep him happy. He's the one who orchestrated this whole thing and my mother will go along with it until her fingers bleed.

I got into my car feeling ultimately stupid. My life was not what I wanted it to be right now. I imagined having a wife and kids, all of us visiting Aiden and Naomi or going to the park. Some of these things came true but some I still longed for. I guess I'll get a wife- Crystal, and the twins will have two moms. That's not so bad is it?

What the fuck am I talking about.

It's my life. Why am I always trying to please my mother, defend her? No. I can't imagine this. Not Nina and Tyler having a step-mom and step-dad. I don't want that. I'm not doing that. Suddenly, I felt myself driving towards my parents house. It felt like water had been thrown at me, like I had woken up from my complete daze. I got out of my car and started throwing stones at the front windows, I didn't break any of them but they sure as hell made a lot of noise.

"What- Nathaniel? Is that you? What's going on!" My mother and father stood clad in pyjamas, hanging out the front window.

"I'm done! I quit! I'm never ever coming back to your stupid fucking business. Ever!" I yelled and my mother looked horrified.

"Nathan- now, calm down. Obviously your upset but-"

"No I'm not upset. I'm free!" I exclaimed getting into my car.

"No! No! No! Ryan do something!" My mother yelled shaking my dad. I could see him visibly yell at her about something but at this point I didn't care to listen.

"Nathan. Don't you dare leave-"

"BETTER FIND ANOTHER SON TO LEAD THE BUSINESS STEPHANIE, BECAUSE YOU FUCKED UP THE ONLY TWO CHANCES YOU HAD!" I shouted as I sped away in my car.

What the hell did I just do?

'The right thing.' I chanted in my head, knowing deep down what I said was harsh but true.