コールドプリンスタイム(パート2)! The Cold Prince Time {part 2}!

...So... I'm really I haven't updated in, like, FOREVER... I was busy with high school, I swear I'm not joking. Seriously, being in your last year of high school is hard, darn it... I'm really sorry for those who waited.

________________________________________________________________________________

Previously...

"'No, I've always known who plays the strings/ That keeps me tangled,/ Who led me to dance/ To this twisted sad song/ So please, help me find my tune..!'" he read. Something stirred within him, but he dismissed it as him being impressed by Setsuna (not that he'd ever admit it out loud). He flipped back to know the title of the song and he blinked. Several titles were written, all crossed out, but not enough because he could still vaguely read them. The first was "Help", then "Save", then "Masked", then "Who I". Ichinose wondered why she didn't continue writing that last title, but when he moved over to the next one, he froze and understood why.

The final title, in written in English capital letters, was "HAYATO".

* * * * * * *

(Opening Song: Faded (Restrung))

* * * * * * *

Setsuna had already walked into the classroom in time for Ringo-sensei to come in. She sighed in relief, knowing that she had arrived in the nick of time. She sighed to herself. Playing in the music room during break was fun, and it gave her time to work on her latest composition, but being so into it also made her unaware of the time. She sent a smile towards Shinomiya and Hijirikawa, waved a hand at Tomo and Ittoki, and sat at her desk. She searched among her things for her lesson notebook and opened it to an empty page.

She sat back and was ready to listen to whatever the lesson was. However, she realized one teeny-tiny problem...

Her green notebook was nowhere to be seen.

Abruptly, without her meaning to, she stood up, her chair scraping against the floor, catching the attention of everyone in class.

"Eh? Setsuna-chan, what's wrong?" Ringo-sensei asked.

Er... "T-Toilet!" she managed to squeak and ran out, shouting a quick, "I'm sorry, excuse me!"

The rest of the class was left blinking at her dust trails. Ringo-sensei sweatdropped. Oh well, he'll just let her be. It's not like she'd likely break a rule anyway...

Except that she kind of lied about going to the bathroom. Quickly running to the music room where she previously played—which was, like, an entire floor below Class A—she jumped down the stairs and ran to the floor level below. Oh crap, if it wasn't in there, then where else could the notebook be? That notebook was like a diary to her, where she wrote all of her feelings into one song. If it's gone, it's like a piece of her would be gone too.

And if somebody happens to read it—! Well, it's not that she'd mind anybody reading them. She believed that music should be shared. Regardless of the fact that she'd have to explain why the majority of her songs had a rather dark and tragic and sad mood to them, she was fine with it. She could just come up with an excuse. But if anybody ever read the last song she wrote, questions would ensue, and that would lead to even greater trouble than explaining her childhood.

Once she located the music room she used, she burst through the doors only to gulp as her worst fear came true.

There, sitting on the piano bench, was Ichinose, hands on the open notebook.