IHMFB : TWENTY SEVEN

Start from the beginning

He wanted to say sorry.

But he couldn't even bear to look at her face, knowing the mortification she'd receive if she was alive. The mortification she'd receive from Yeonjun's father.

So he put the picture away and sighed to himself. Don't cry, he thought.

He remembered his father's harsh voice, "Men don't cry."

| hours later |

"Don't move around too much. Everyone was tired, let's try to not disturb anyone." The coach said, and everyone— the football players and cheerleaders, all nodded.

They were on their way back to the school. Everyone was either high, has hangovers, or simply tired from the exhausting trip.

They were more than glad their efforts had got them to win. The cheerleaders won the cheerleading competition too, so that was great.

Lucy was the captain, but everyone knew it was Ryujin and Eliza, who did 99% of the work.

Soobin sat with Beomgyu, head on the boy's shoulders.

Beomgyu looked down sadly, "Bin, I-I'm really sorry about last night. I saw you hanging out with Yunho, so I didn't think-" Beomgyu began.

He paused and then sighed, "I shouldn't have left. I'm so sorry, Binnie."

"It's okay." Soobin said, "You had fun with Ryujin, right?"

Beomgyu smiled a little, but still looked weary, not in the mood to smile, "Binnie, um— are you sure you're right about this thing? I mean, maybe you should talk with Yeonjun first?" Beomgyu said, and Soobin looked at him.

"I'm not saying you're wrong or what, but I know Yeonjun can't do that. He wouldn't take advantage of you when you're drunk. I mean, we know he's a scumbag, but not in that way, right?" Beomgyu said, and Soobin still looked unsure.

Beomgyu bit his bottom lip, "Taehyun told me he saw the captain from the Busan team touching you in the corner of the room, and Yeonjun punched him in the face, and then picked you up and left. The guy broke his nose. He had to be taken to the ER." Beomgyu said.

Soobin's eyes widened, "Really?! I-I didn't know that happened..." Soobin trailed, "But still, these kinds of boys who become captains, they think they have power over you and do things because they knew they'll never get backlash for it." Soobin mumbled.

"I-I'm really sorry about what happened, Bin. We should tell the coach, or the principal! Or we can call a gang and ask to beat him up!" Beomgyu said.

Soobin snickered, "Sounds fun."

"Aw! You guys look like boyfriends." Jongho teased.

Beomgyu frowned, but Soobin just sighed. He couldn't take it. He couldn't take the constant homophobic bullshit.

Soobin got up from his seat and walked past Jongho, and Jongho looked at him, raising his eyebrow, "Woah- no need to get so sensitive."

"Bold of you to assume I'll waste my time for you." Soobin snapped, and began walking towards the train carriage with the teachers.