Chapter 9

Crystal arrived at the Ice Kingdom with Hawk, Moon, and Acorn by her side. She was wearing the same thin clothing she had worn before, with a fur coat shielding her from the cold weather. Hopefully, it was enough to satisfy the sunos. She looked around her, at the snow tipped mountains. A coat of fluffy white powder fell around her. A frozen pond stood by the corner of the camp, and a warming fireplace blazed by its side.

"It's beautiful," Moon exclaimed, as she held out her palm for all of the snowflakes to drop onto. Crystal nodded, then observed around. She squinted her eyes and saw a dark figure standing by a pile of snow with what seemed to be like black blades surrounding him. Lark! She quickly knew who the phantom was.

"Who's Lark?" Hawk asked. Crystal realized that she had spoken out loud.

"The boy over there," Crystal replied. She gulped, thinking that she might as well call him out. Wishing for the best she shouted out, "LARK!"

"He's kinda cute," muttered Moon. Crystal gave her a shocked look, hoping that her sister would not develop a crush. She swore if her sister developed a crush on a phantom... She shook her head to get murder out of her mind as Lark approached them.

"Hey Crystal, hey Acorn" Lark greeted, as he flashed his eyes at the two eagles, "And hello, two random strangers."

"They're not strangers!" Crystal nudged him amusingly, then looked over at her half siblings, "Come on guys, tell him what your names are."

"I'm M-Moonclaw. You can just call me Moon. Or whatever it doesn't really matter," Moon spent a second to long staring at him, but Lark didn't seem to notice. Crystal slapped her forehead. Too late. Crystal sighed as she thought.

Lark nodded then looked at Hawk, "And your name is?"

"Hawk," He glanced at the phantom suspiciously, "You're Lark, I suppose?"

"Nope, I'm John.... Haha, just kidding, of course I'm Lark. Why else would your sister yell it out?" Lark answered, smirking, "It's short for Larkin. Don't take the joke too personally."

Hawk nodded slowly then glared at him, "How did you know we're here?"

"Yeah," Crystal frowned as she suddenly realized the thought.

"I didn't, I've just come to model like you guys probably are. We need supplies too," answered Lark, shrugging.

"I don't think so," Hawk growled as he suddenly shoved him against a gate, "You seem suspicious enough. Tell us, how did you find us?!"

"NO!" Crystal tried to tug Hawk to the side, but he shoved her away. She fell to the floor, and stared at her brother who suddenly turned aggressive.

"Get off me, wing boy," Lark hissed, as Hawk drew out a small knife and placed it at the side of his neck.

"STOP RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" A woman came out of the gates, holding a blazed staff in her hands. She was obviously a suno, and had fuzzy ears as well as short, fur-like hair that was the color red. Her age looked to be around 30, which was considered an elderly age since the average life expectancy for an Anima was 40 to 55 years. The woman wore long cargo pants, a lavender trimmed shirt with ruffles covering each sleeve, as well as a pearl necklace that had a rainbow string. She cleared her voice before looking down at the four animas,

"That's enough, Hawk," Moon rested her hand on her brother's shoulder and he finally relaxed. She stared at the woman,

"Who are you?"

"None of your business," The woman spoke, "The real question is... who are you? Why have you come in our territory?"

"Was she going to hit Hawk with that?" Acorn interrupted, as she leaned in to Crystal.