Chapter 11

Gray watched as Dawn took a step back. Crystal was now a suno. She was holding an ice sword that glazed in the air as she held it up. The magnificence of the sword with it's sharp tip and it's metal blade shocked most of the okamis, and sent them scurrying away. Dawn nudged Night, and together they ran off with the rest of their clan.

"We scared them off," Gray muttered breathlessly. Pluto, who was standing a few steps behind Lark, crossed his arms. He looked almost irritated. For a second, Crystal had felt pride with her and Lark's plan. Her thoughts were cut off as Pluto suddenly whipped out a knife and threw it towards Crystalfur, missing her head by an inch.

".. What are you doing?!" Crystal whipped around and faced the Shadowclan's leader in the eye. She was just beginning to remember what had happened. Pluto had betrayed Gray by agreeing to kill her. Pluto narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth, but no words came out. He was speechless, almost too astounded to speak. Lark stood next to him, also astounded.

"Pluto... you didn't tell me about this," Lark exclaimed softly but with an aggravated tone, "T-t-this isn't right."

Pluto snarled then suddenly looked up, his eyes glaring like those of a hawk.

"Don't tell me what's right and what's not, Lark. We do what we need to do in order to survive," He spat out.

"And you're doing that by putting your life above ours," Crystal shot back.

Pluto hissed, "I didn't have a choice!"

Gray stepped in between her sister and the shadowclan's leader. Crystal stopped arguing, but continued to glare at Pluto furiously. He remained silent, not of his own will but because he had nothing to say.

"We are no longer allies," Gray began as she faced Pluto, "You have shown to me today that my clan is of no worth to yours. If you are found on my territory, then I will order my warriors to kill you."

Pluto laughed obnoxiously, "You're only kitty-cats. Why should I be scared of you?"

"You hypocrite." Crystal thundered as she threw a punch at Pluto but missed.

Pluto gave a loud snarl then whipped his head back to Lark.

"Come on Lark, let's get outta here."

Lark hesitated, then looked at Crystal. He was wondering if he should follow her. The phantoms didn't seem to care much about loyalty...

"Go on, traitors. Go away and never come back. If I ever see you in our territory again, I'll make sure you don't make it back to your own lands," snarled Crystal. Her voice was even, with a burning ice in her words. "I swear that if I ever find a member of ShadowClan on our territory I will put an end to their life."

"I will instruct our clan members to do the same," Gray was weak against her allies, but an enemy was easy to go against. These phantoms were no allies. They were enemies and they had never been on the same side as the nekos. "The people of the Shadow Empire are now our enemy. We will let you go for now, but I hope we will never meet again.

"I also send my farewells, Lark and Pluto, if we ever meet again it will be in battle. Go die in a hole." as Crystal said the last word, she gave off a small hiss and her arctic fox eyes burned with an anger that a normal arctic fox never had.

Lark looked at Pluto, and together they walked off into the depths of the forest. Gray watched them go, her heart tugging as if a weight had suddenly been dropped on her. She didn't let the emotion show on her face, so she fixed her gaze on the floor. Lark had been a good friend, but now the memories they've spent were stained with betrayal.