Prologue

As a child I wasn't perfect. I manage to smile all the time, though. Twenty seasons ago I think it was? Oh, I was 12 or 13. I think I was almost 13. So I was 12. The average age to become an apprentice was 15, but I had become one at 10. My sister, Gray was the perfect one. The one who was an apprentice by 7 and a warrior by age 14. Tall, elegant, bright, and beautiful. I was short, icy looking, and not smart. My physical abilities were my strength. It was a early morning. I went out to offer my mother her morning soup. I gave it to her, but her eyes were vacant and she walked over to my brother's grave and offered it to him instead. We had 2 dead siblings, but only 1 of them was buried. My brother who was 20 when he died. His name was Thunder.

My mother liked Thunder the best. When he died, something inside her was destroyed. In the day she was quiet, but as night came she let out the destructive feelings inside of her. I always let her. No one else knew. Gray had moved out months ago. It is a hot summer day, the type of day that is perfect to play in. As I dress, I finger the wounds on my arms and legs. I unravel what looks like a white ribbon and tie it around my hair. It turns out to be a bandage, but they don't know that. I have a pair of scissors that I keep on my dresser and cut off a piece, covering the wounds on my back. I put on long sleeves to cover the cuts.

I put it back on, tying it in a bow. I put on makeup to make sure that the scars on my face do not show. I use fingers to make my mouth in a smile. What is a real smile? How long has it been since I last truly smiled? I wish that I was more perfect. I wish I could smile. It doesn't matter Crystal. Keep smiling. Keep yourself perfect. You have to so that no one notices. Keep studying until you collapse of exhaustion. Look so perfect that no one will approach you. You wear thick clothing is just a quirk. You need to be the one who perfect. You have to do well.

It was that night that everything went wrong. I don't remember everything clearly. I remember screaming in fear. The blood that would dye the carpet an ominous crimson.

I remember running as far as I could. I remember getting up the next morning and getting a new family. I remember the moment it healed and I realized that my arm wouldn't obey me anymore. I am not sure what happened, but yet here I am again.

I stand in front of the kingdom, the road familiar. I am here again. This is place that I ran away from many years ago. I have just reached my 18th birthday. Piercings line my body. I am not the same person as 5 years ago. I will not let go of myself. I will give anyone who gives me hell what they deserve.

"Hello Storm Kingdom. Crystalfur Storm is back," I keep my voice calm and precise, the crystal like voice piercing into the air. With a small smirk, a newborn devil entered hell.