Chapter 3

"Okay, let's start the ceremony," exclaimed Gray. The clan gathered around the skullrock, their eyes widened in curiosity as they peered at the human girl. Crystal stood next to her and whistled impatiently as she awaited the ceremony. Charlie looked around, eager yet intimidated by the large amount of cats studying her.

"I've never seen a human before!" One of the younger nekos whispered.

"Me neither!" Another one yelped.

Gray beckoned her tail at the clan, "Everyone quiet down please, we have a lot to go over."

The clan quieted down.

"As you know we have a human with us today," she continued while pointing to Charlie, who gave a nervous wave, "Her name is Charlie Willow, but today she will no longer be known as that identity. Her past is no longer of value, for she will be leaving behind her old home and joining our clan to live her future. It is time to begin the transformation ceremony."

The clan stood silently. It was an exciting moment, one that could be captured in a snapshot. The last transformation ceremony had been decades ago, so this was of great significance to the nekos of Storm empire. Crystal sighed, rolling her eyes at the nekos, staring like there was a rare jewel was in the middle of the intricate circle. She raised the staff, which glowed brighter and brightly in line with the jewel. Slowly, she chanted words in a language she had studied for years, the familiar word slowly rolling off her tongue, each word as precious as gold to the ceremony.

"Cretila thera Igrealls optahe Arian, neko comsumea itr igrega itrla," the only 2 familiar words were neko, the type of animal everyone in the room was, and Arian, the world they lived in.

At the same time, Gray slowly started her own part of the ceremony. Even though she no longer had to do the ceremonial part, the leader had an important part of the ceremony as well, although it was not exactly flashy. Taking a breath and her mind racing a bit as she did the ceremony, full of light, her crystal eyes seem to glow as her voice as full of power and strength, shouted out the words she had prepared.

"Today, you have been reborn in the eyes of heaven. You are no longer of the same breed nor the same being you were before. Therefore, you shall receive a new name to celebrate the being you have become. Charlie Willow, you shall be known as Acornleaf, warrior of StormClan!"

The clan burst into a rapid celebration, as nekos chanted the new name, throwing their fists into the air. Acornleaf grinned, then looked down at her body. She had grown ears and sharp claw like nails. The back of her legs suddenly grew itchy, so when she went to scratch it she gasped when she felt a short, furry stub.

"It's your tail," Gray purred, "Don't worry, it'll grow out in a few months."

Charlie nodded nervously, then threw her hands up into the air. The celebration continued, as more noise flooded the room.

Suddenly, a shout erupted from the crowd, "THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE SKY!"

The cheering had began to calm down when Crystal notice a familiar winged figure in the corner of the room. She grimaced at the figure. It was a washi, part of the Sky Kingdom. They were usually friendly and not known to have an evil side. Crystal rolled her eyes as the washi landed on the ground, dust flying from the floor as he landed a little off balance.

As the cheers slowly died out, the figure spoke, "Am I intruding?" The voice was a bit deep, but signaled that he was fairly young. He cast off his cloak, revealing the glory of his feathered wings, beautifully shining the same color as his eyes, a strange gray-blue. His eyes glowed a very dark blue. "I am a representative of Sky Kingdom." He looked around the same age as Crystal, even their eyes has a strange resemblance for a second, but in a blink, it was gone.