The Start of the Clan/Mutt War.

A/N:

Three chapters in one day! And I'm still writing! :)

So sorry for this one, and once you read it, you'll know why. :)

Well, I promise, more is coming soon! My big brother and I are currently working on an original story and are hopefully going to get some work done on it tonight. Finger's crossed.

We've not worked on it in months, and I feel shitty about it. So, since I'm in a writing mood we may as well give it a try! :)

And sorry it's so short. :)

Again, sorry for this one in advance. :)

Enjoy!

-End of A/N-

Friday.

December 23, 2005.

I walked into the Burrow and saw Blaise, Ginny, Potter, and Pansy sitting with the rest of the Weasley's. As soon as Blaise saw me he stood, Pansy, Potter, and Ginny following his lead. Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley stood too, even though they did not need to.

"Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, you don't have to stand. It's perfectly fine." They nodded and then Mrs. Weasley walked over and hugged me.

"When do you leave, dear?" I sighed and looked at Blaise.

"We leave this evening. Father has gathered his council and are meeting right now to go over everything before we meet the other Clan leaders." Blaise nodded at me. Mrs. Weasley sighed.

"Blaise, it's time." I said giving him a regretful look. He sighed and nodded, turning to a pregnant Ginny. He lead her out of the room and then Mr. and Mrs. Weasley looked at me.

"Time for what?" Mrs. Weasley said, giving me a slightly confused look.

"Time to say goodbye." Her hand went over her chest.

"Oh, sweet Merlin." Mr. Weasley walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"You boys be safe, you hear me?" I nodded. Where we were going, it wasn't going to be a safe place. But there was no reason to tell them that. He shook my hand and then Mrs. Weasley hugged me.

"You both come home. Your little boy is going to need his father, as will Hermione." She said into my shoulder. I nodded and pulled back.

"Mrs. Weasley, I have a favor to ask of you." She nodded swiftly.

"Of course, dear. Whatever you need." I sighed and looked down at my wedding band.

"I need you to check on Hermione. I don't know how long we will be gone, hopefully not long, but it's going to take it's toll on her. Mother has already promised she won't leave her side, but you're like a mother to her. She's going to need you." Mrs. Weasley gave me a sad smile and nodded.

"Of course, Draco. I will keep an eye on her. And please, call me Molly." I nodded at her and then looked over to Pansy. She nodded at me and walked over.

"I will protect her with my life, I swear, Krigsførende." I nodded at her and then hugged her. Blaise and Ginny walked back into the room, Ginny's face tear stained, and they hugged one last time. Blaise and I walked out of the Burrow and apparated to the Manor. We walked in and made our way to my father's study. They were still meeting and brought us up to speed. Once we were wrapping up I gave my father a look and he nodded, knowing what I needed to do. I left the room and made my way to our bedroom, where I knew Mia was. When I entered, she was sitting on the couch with mother. My mother saw me and excused herself, giving us some privacy. Mia didn't look at me, she kept her eyes on the fire. So, I made my way over and kneeled in front of her.

"It's time." I said in a gentle voice. She nodded and took a deep breath. I could tell she was trying to will herself not to cry.

"Mia..." I said taking her hand in mine. She finally turned and looked at me, her eyes immediately welled up. I sighed and gave her hand a squeeze.

"You're going to make me cry, love." I said before kissing her knuckles. She nodded and took a deep breath.

"How long?" She said, her voice thick with all the emotions she was feeling. It could've broken me, how sad she sounded.

"I don't know. But I do know, that we aren't coming home until this is taken care of, for good this time. I don't want my son to be brought into this world during a war." I said putting my hand over her stomach. She sniffled slightly and then swallowed.

"Promise me. Promise me, you'll come home to us. Draco." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Staying silent. I never make a promise I might not be able to keep. She turned her body so she was facing me.

"Draco, promise me." She said in an even more desperate voice. I could tell she was beginning to cry. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Opening my eyes and looking at her.

"I promise you I'll do everything I can to come home to you." I said looking her in the eyes. She bit her lower lip and a tear fell down her cheek. I sighed and pulled her into my arms, hugging her, and burying my face in her neck. She was clutching my shoulders as if her life depended on it. I felt her body shake as she cried into my shoulder and held her tighter. Wishing that I never had to let her go. After a moment, I pulled us apart and leaned my forehead against hers.

"Mia, I'm sure my mother's already told you, but we don't write when we go away, especially to war. But if I'm not home in a few weeks, my mother has a letter for you. I want you to read it in your favourite room of the house, in comfortable clothes, curled up with Einar. Okay?" She nodded slightly and then kissed me, hard. I kissed her back, pouring my love for her into it. I knew I had to go, but I didn't want to break the kiss. With all of the will I could muster, I pulled away and kissed her forehead. I looked her in the eyes.

"I love you, Hermione Jean Malfoy." I said before leaning down to her belly.

"I love you, sønn. I pray to the Gods that I am home to see you brought into this world." I said before kissing her stomach. I looked back at her and kissed her one last time.

"I love you, Draco. We both do." She said before I kissed her forehead. Before I pulled away I saw my mother standing at the door and she nodded at me. She began walking in and I sighed.

"I have to go." I said before standing up. I gave Mia's hand a squeeze and kissed her head, waiting till mother was sitting right next to her before letting go and leaving the room. As soon as I closed the door, I heard Mia sobbing into my mother's chest. A tear escaped my eyes as I walked to the apparation point and joined the rest of the men.

"I love you, sjelevenn." Was the last thing I said before apparating out of England.

A/N:

I'm a horrible person. I know. But it had to be done. What happens next, well, you'll just have to wait and see!

-Blaise says goodbye to Ginny.

-Draco goes to the Burrow to get Blaise.

-Draco and Molly talk.

-Hermione and Draco say their goodbyes.

-Draco leaves for war.

What will happen during the war?

Who is behind all of this?

How will Hermione fair while Draco is gone?

Will Draco make it home in one piece?

Where is the war taking place?

Review and stay tuned! :)

~Cass~