The Mutts.

Jan. 7, 2005

After breakfast and seeing Hermione off to work, I walked into my father's study. He told me to sit and then pulled out some files and a large stack of papers.

"I was going to wait until you and Hermione had been married for a bit, let you two get used to your new situation. But I do not think this matter can wait any longer." He said before handing me the stack of papers. My brows furrowed.

"Mutts? We haven't had a problem with them in years." My father nodded and then sighed.

"Leo Zabini came to me and told me some disturbing news. It seems that we have some Mutts acting out. Before Leo and Larissa returned from their holiday, Leo discovered that more than one Mutt had been killing inside the Zabini's territory. Now, this happened in Italy, yes, but Leo is concerned that they may move into England." I sighed and nodded.

"Have you spoken with the other Clans?" I asked as I thumbed through the stack of papers. He nodded.

"We've all agreed that we should try to handle this situation before it spirals out of control. Leo said he recognized one, maybe two of the scents but that he couldn't place them. The other's he didn't recognize. However, he did say that they smelled new." I furrowed my brow and looked up at him.

"Someone's making new Mutts? I can have Theo track some of the Mutts, see if they're in England. Do you think Uncle Leo would be able to identify them if I brought some scent's to him?" I asked as I continued to look through the papers. He nodded.

"Yes, he did get a good hit on the scents. I will let him know to expect you sometime soon with some samples. In the meantime, until we know what the real threat is, I suggest keeping a close eye on Hermione. There's no doubt a Mutt would be able to pick up your scent on her." I nodded and then stood.

"I will. I'm going to get Theo on this, I'll warn Blaise, Pansy, Will and Xavier as well. Keep me updated, father." I said as I walked to the door. He nodded and I made my way to our room. I floo'ed to the Ministry and then found Theo.

(HERMIONE P.O.V.)

I sighed as I signed off on a few charts. So far the day has been typical. A few Quidditch accidents, a spell gone wrong, a potion reversal or two, nothing too bad. Of course, I've now just jinxed it. I chuckled before looking down at my left hand. The ring was huge. Five carat center stone surrounded by smaller ones. The band was filled with stones, as well as the matching wedding band. I thought the ring Ron bought me was huge, now it just seems tiny in comparison. But, I do love them. They are gorgeous. Narcissa assured me that they are spelled so that no stone will fall out and the rings won't be damaged. I was terrified of destroying such a priceless family heirloom, but now I don't have to worry. I twisted the band on my finger for a moment before going back to looking over charts. Just then my coin began vibrating. I pulled it out, silenced it, and then headed down to the pit. I walked up to the check in desk.

"I was called?" The nurse, I believe her name is Patty, nodded.

"You have a visitor, he is sitting in the waiting room." I nodded. It couldn't be Draco, I'd feel it if it were him. As strange as that is, I can just tell. I walked over to the waiting room and my eyebrow raised. Ronald Weasley. He looked over, saw me, and then bolted out of his seat.

"Mione, thank Merlin. We need to talk." I cringed at the nickname, furrowed my brow and then sighed.

"My office." I said before we walked to my office. Once inside I closed the door and sat behind my desk. He then began pacing in front of my desk.