☙ Tell Me Who He Is, Please! ☙

Y/N's P.O.V.

I stood there in utter bewilderment until I realized time was still passing us by, ticking with each turn. We weren't frozen in time and this was real. The seriousness in Gon's eyes said so. "You're-" I don't understand. "-telling me that your my gaurdian angel? How is that even possible? I don't even. . . ." my voice trails on weakly.

Gon shrugs. "You don't have to believe, it's just the way things are."

I was left speechless, a million thoughts running through my head, packed and senseless. "All my life I've liked y-"

He closes his eyes slowly and shakes his head in denial. "No, just- do you mind going on a date with me?"

Was I in an alternative universe where all of the things that seemed impossible really weren't? Was I dreaming, by any chance? If so, I didn't want to wake up. Ever. Afraid that this moment would disappear and I would come back to reality, I simply nodded eagerly and he smiled, too, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Rocking his head back, he said, "Let's go."

I paused. "Wait, right now?!"

With a chuckle, he took my hand and reeled me down the road and into the street. Glancing back at the destructive house, I catch Nelly grin at our backs with two thumbs up in cheer. I blush and return my gaze to my dream boy who's gaze was fixated foward, speculating with cool, caramel orbs.

Please don't let this end.

"So do you have wings and stuff?" I questioned stupidly, filling in the silent gap between us.

"Pfft, sure. You're expecting a harp too, right?"

A laugh rang inside my throat, escaping my lips. I feel him watch me with curiosity, figuring me out like he would a puzzle. I was amazed at how the boy reacted to anything unkown with the same manner. It was interesting.

But I wasn't naïve enough to allow my walls down.

The date was held at what I was guessing was a restaurant- but once the drapped curtains were pushed out of the way, the large building revealed neon lights and loud music blasting full course with masked people dancing and chatting among themselves. Then I figured this was a masked party.

Gon took two sets of masks and handed me the red ones while he tied white laced ones around his head. I, however, struggled to put on mine. "Need some help?" I heard him say behind me, brushing away my hands to do it himself. When he pulled back, I thanked him timidly and we took a spot in the rows of tables embedding the room.

All of these guests appeared to be from our school grounds and I heard Gon mumble something about getting us drinks while I heard him stand up and walk away.

What caught my attention was a particular scene of a familiar white haired male, holding the hand of a bruenette and stepping rightfully to a slow song, his lips in her ear as he murmered something. She giggled in response and he twirled her around, slapping his lips to hers when she returned to him, his hand trailed the zipper-

Breaking away, I see Gon looking at them, too with his brows furrowed. He set my drink down sourly and slid next to me, the metal chair creeking with the force of the action. "Stay away from Killua Zoldyck."

I tilted my head in confusion. "Is that his name?"

The boy nodded warily, coming back to me as if snapped back from a daze and distant memories coloring his graying face.

"Why do you want me to stay away from him?"

"Trust me on this," he took a sip of his coke, tilting his head back. "he's trouble." I frowned at the unclear answer but ignored this gut feeling tugging at my insides.

"Tell me more, about this whole angel thing I mean." I began, watching him from the corner of my eyes.

"There's nothing to tell. You just have to be aware that I'll protect your ass from now on." A flutter of butterflies errupted in my stomach and my heart pounded.

"Really? That's. . . awesome" I breathed, having difficulty believing his words.

His gaze drifted to the ground in deep thought, quiet until he cleared his throat and announced he had to leave to use the bathroom. In the mood for movement, I turned on my heel toward the dance floor. I joined the sweaty bodies bouncing to the beat as we shook in sync, the dim lit room achieving a romantic and seductive atmosphere as well as upbeat due to the never ending dancing neon bolts.

The masks ended up shading our identity and anyone could become everything.

I felt someone grip my hips, jerk me backwards and then my hands landed on the surface of someone's sturdy chest, very much real under the thin fabric of this blue eyed stranger staring down at me, a wolfish grin splattered across features only perfect genes would be able to achieve.

"Sorry, Angel, but I don't believe I've met you before?" The white haired male purred seductively. I would  have fallen for his seductive choice of sentence and tone if not for two things:

1. His unusual hair color.

2. The fact that he had just been making out with another girl moments ago.

I pushed away from him in an instant, blowing hair from my face. Offering an icy glare, I turn my back to him and begin to walk away. He catches my arm and sqeezes enough to make me yelp with surging pain. If he tightened his grip, he could literally break my damn arm, dammit!

Gon was next to us before I could call for help, his hand cupping Killua's shoulder and roughly pushing him off of me. "Get the fuck away from her." He seethed.

Zoldyck lost intrest but didn't back down. "So this is your job now? You think you can just show up and claim a job you failed at doing for 15 years? Where were you when she was in pain?" Gon winced and so did I. How did he know? The white haired boy stepped closer towards me but Gon stepped in between us.

Killua was a wolf on the hunt for a sheep. I was the sheep and Gon the heard dog guiding away the predator. My long held crush wrapped his arm around my shoulder and showed me to the doors. I didn't look back but I could feel strong, penetrating eyes on my back.

Who exactly was this Killua Zoldyck and how did he know about my past scars? Why was he showing up now?

When we arrived at my house, I walked inside but Gon stood still at the doorway, looking ashamed.

"I'm guessing you guys have a history?"

He didn't say anything, fists balled, white as bone.

"Gon?" My eyes pleaded with him to tell me more but he wouldn't break. I was vulnerable right now and it was killing me. "Please tell me who he is!"

Finally, he snapped. "Just stay fucking away from him!" He snapped, forehead veins plainly visible while he took the knob and slammed the door behind him. The house shook at the action and tears streamed down my face. What kind of gaurdian angel was he claiming himself to be when he was supposed to protect me instead of being the one doing the damage?

Normal P.O.V.

Killua was perched on top of Y/N's rooftop, hearing her soft sobs. His teeth clicked and he swiftly hopped down, feet first. Fuck it, I'm going to talk to her. He thought with resolve, striding toward her door but then rethinking and climbing to the window.