Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

As we got ready, it reminded me of high school. I would go over to her house and tell my parents we were going to have a sleepover while in reality, I was going over there to get ready so we could go to a house party or sneak into a nightclub. Back then, Mia had her no good boyfriend, and I was always dating some guy or girl which never ended too well. All my relationships in high school never lasted more than two months and was based on sex if anything else. Thank God, I glowed up to be with Eric and then glowed up to the highest tier to be with someone as lovely and faithful as Andy. I don't think things could get any better.

Mia and I ended up going to the club alone. Andy was focused on trying to fit the pieces together on who killed Craig and was coming after her and her crew. I would've asked Lisa and Tyra to come along but they would've just been distracting. I needed Mia to be focused and I needed my mind clear so I could find her the right girl.

When we walked in, I took Mia's hand. She was looking around as if she was in a whole other universe. There were plenty of gay men and women around and she was totally out of her element. I doubt she felt uncomfortable, but more astounded. It was a whole new, beautiful world to her. As we walked through the crowd of conversing and dancing people, I made sure to smile at some girls to let them know Mia and I weren't together.

The goal was to get them looking at us and when they tried to get with me, I'd explain that I had a girlfriend but Mia was totally down to f-ck. Hopefully, it would work out. "See anyone you like," I asked Mia as we stood off to the side. I had let go of her hand and she was scanning the club. "There's a lot of hot girls out tonight. You're lucky."

"Who do you think I should go after? Like what type? Girly girls? Girls like you? Tomboys?"

"It's all up to you, baby girl. Are you into studs or femmes or girls that's in between, also known as stems? Or are you into girls who don't label themselves and go with the flow? Or-"

"I don't know. What are you?"

"Well, I'm the closest to a femme. Why? Are you interested in girls like me?"

"Yeah, is that okay? Because I'm kind of just like you. I don't know if-"

"It doesn't matter. Some femmes are into femmes. Some studs are into other studs. It's whatever. It's a free world, girl! Know what...don't think about labels. Just nod your head over to a girl and I'll find a way to get her over here."

"I need drinks before we do this."

Mia and I made our way to the bar. We sat and drank as we commented on girls that we thought would be good for her. The more Mia drank, the more verbal she was about what she wanted. Her broad range of girls began narrowing down. She liked a little bit of everything, but the characteristics of the girls and how they dressed slimmed up the competition. It seemed me that liked stems with a more feminine touch. "I want her."

Mia nodded towards a girl who was staring at her from across the room. She had a friend with her. They were both stems and they were staring at the both of us. "Which one?"

"The one with the forwards dad hat. She looks like Rihanna if she was gay and I'm digging it. I want her." Mia was saying it as if she was going to just add the girl to her shopping cart. It wasn't that easy especially when she had a friend that was trying to most likely hook up with me.

"She has a friend."

"I know, she's cute too. Oh sh-t! They're coming over here! Okay, so just help me out! Just make sure I get her and you can leave the other hanging, okay?"

"I doubt it's going to go like-"

"What's up, ladies?" Damn, she really f-cking did look like Rihanna. I looked at Mia and then back to the girl standing in front of me to make sure I wasn't completely tripping. Her friend smiled at me and I gave a polite one back. She wasn't as hot, but it didn't matter anyways. She wasn't getting anything tonight, at least not from Mia and definitely not me. "I'm Ronni and this is Bones."