False Accusations: Part 23

Welcome back, everyone! 

I can not wait to see how James works his magic with the officer!

But! Before I proceed...would anyone be interested in drawing an image of Officer Powell?I am also casting character for him!

Help is needed, please!!

xoxoxox

Hugs and I hope you enjoy the chapter! 

Please don't forget to let me know what you think!

  Harley yelled back, "Made her mine, you sorry piece of - "

 Before Harley could finish his sentence, I heard three taps on the glass. The boys and I jumped clear out of our skin and looked up towards the open window.

"Is there a problem kids?"

James rolled down the window and plastered a fake smile on his face, "Officer Powell, what a pleasant surprise."

The officer crossed his eyebrows down the center of his forehead. He replied in an aggravated manner, "A surprise? Are you trying to tell me you didn't see my headlights flashing behind your truck?"

I watched as James's complexion had become pale. He glared off into space for an only a mere second in time before he slipped Harley and I a look of determination.

He was going to find a way to con us out of trouble.

I honestly am not sure what was so convincing about the expression, but I believed him. I also knew it wasn't going to be an easy task because the officer already seemed to be extremely riled up. He stood there favoring his rounded left leg, and holding a pad in one hand and a pen in the other. He had a stout red nose and small pierced lips. I remember thinking to myself how much his lips seriously looked as if he was sucking on a sour lemon.

I continued to gawk at his peculiar features. His ears were folded over at the tips and his cheeks were round and crimson-red. If it wasn't for his fake toupee, he could have probably pulled it off as a great Santa Clause at Christmas time.

I watched the tiny sweat beads drip off the side of his temple and noticed he had perspiration stains expanding from his armpits all the way down to his waistline. What really intrigued me the most about his grotesque features, were his small stubby hands with tiny fingers. His fingers were so small that he could barely hold the pen with ease, but did that stop him from wanting to write James a ticket?

No. It did not.

The officer obviously had very little patience for people who sucked up to him. He wouldn't even take the time to allow James to complete his sentence. He pointed his finger and said, "You weren't paying attention is what you were doing' boy!"