Close To Perfect: Part 12

Hi everyone!

 I hope your day or evening is going well! 

This chapter is a little bit short, but I had to end here on purpose! I hope you like it! xoxox

"Why do you want to marry me, Harley?"

"It is simple. I love you."

My breath hitched. He looked away once again.

"I love you too," I said with another whisper.

The food began to creep its way to my nostrils again. I peeked over towards the food.

He smirked and asked, "Hungry?"

       As I sat on the comfortable couch with my legs resting on Harley's lap

       As I sat on the comfortable couch with my legs resting on Harley's lap. We finished every bite that he had piled upon our plates. Okay, well maybe I had finished his last bite of a baked apple, but honestly, he had that single piece sitting there for what seemed liked hours and I couldn't just let it go to waste.

I looked up and stared at his beautiful jawline, his perfect lips, and watched him as he continued to eat. I thought to myself,

"Oh, how I wish there could be so much more to our relationship. He is literally... perfect."

I looked away in shame as I thought more clearly,

"But, if I was to marry him, I could never have those lips...or any part of him for that matter. It would be just another show for the public and our family to get them off our backs. He would never be able to give me what I truly desire."

The more I stared at him my heart would not behave, nor would the rest of my body. As uncontrollable urges built up more and more, a heavy sigh accidentally escaped from my nostrils.

Shit! I didn't mean to do that out loud!

He shifted his head to the side, never really looking directly towards me and asked, "What is it, Liana?"

I sighed once more. Only the second time was out of mere frustration. I knew this was a subject we could not let go. Prolonging it would have only made it worse. We both knew we had to decide our future because I knew it was just a matter of time before someone came barreling in the front door only to pull us apart once more.

I began to tell him the truth, "Harley, I love you,"

He looked at me, with the dread of a couple getting ready to break up, "Liana, don't..."

"Harley, I- you have to realize what you would be giving up," I said more to myself than him.

He said with tears welling in his eyes, "Liana, I am not giving up anything, I am gaining you."

Before, I could say anything else, as if right on cue, we were interrupted by the sound of someone banging loudly on the front door. The both of us jumped and flung out plates all over the couch. Who it was had scared the living hell out of us.

There was a window on the opposite side of the room covered by dusty slate-blue drapes. Our dilemma was, the drapes were not shut completely over the entire window. Harley must have known this before me because within seconds he had pulled me to the hardwood floor. We both tumbled over each other in fear. "Harley!" I squealed an octave too loud.

He pressed his finger to his concerned lips gesturing for me to stay quiet. Whoever it was continued to determinedly bang on the door. Once. Twice. Three times- causing each bang to hit my heart like several bullets exploding through my heart.

"Harley!" I whispered, "What are we going to do?"

He whispered back, "We have got to get the hell out of here!"

I didn't mean to get angry with him, but the only words I could whisper back was, "No shit Sherlock!"

He looked back and me angrily, " I swear if you hadn't just taken a fall, I would knock you off your ass right now!"

"I argued back, "Well if you are so determined to knock me on my ass, then why don't you take those beautiful lips of yours and kiss it while you're at it!"

He looked me up and down curiously and asked, "You think I have beautiful lips?"

I felt my face become hot. There was no getting around it. I began to explain, "I-"

But a voice came through the door, "Harley! Liana! It's me! For God's sake hurry up and open the door before someone knows I am here!"

We both had simultaneously exhaled our breaths that had been lodged inside our chest. He laid his hand on his chest and said, "It's just Charles. We are safe."

"Charles?" I asked utterly confused, "How does he know about this place?"

He attempted to reassure me by replying, "This is his vacation home. Wellll...his parents, but ever since their divorce, they never stay here anymore. You know how it is, too many memories and such."

I was pissed off beyond reason. I attempted to maintain my composure- losing it once was bad enough.

I asked as calmly as possible, "Harley...you brought me to your boyfriend's...PARENT'S HOUSE?"

Okay! That's a wrap! 

What did you think of the chapter?

I think Harley has some explaining to do! What was he thinking????

Please don't forget to leave your hugs, loves, and comments below. xoxoxo

Thanks again for your time and reads everyone!!!!