'L-y-n-don,' Lyndon emphasised, slightly annoyed at his brother's abbreviation of his name.

'Where's daddy, mummy?' Tessa cast an admonishing glare at Lyndon for the tone of voice he was using on his brother.

'I don't like him calling me "Din",' Lyndon sought support from his daddy.

'Be patient with your brother, son,' Brad spoke to Lyndon in an appealing tone. 'Daniel is still learning to speak. He cannot speak as well as you do,' Brad ruffled Lyndon's hair.

'Din---Din,' Daniel slid of Brad and tapped the floor.

'Yes?' Lyndon sighed, understanding that his brother wanted him to sit on the carpet.

'Ov you,' Daniel wobbled over to Lyndon and hugged his brother.

'I love you too,' Lyndon smiled, returning his brother's hug.

'What's he doing in L.A.? Brad heard Tessa's sharp accusation.

'He mentioned something about meeting a business associate there,' Charlotte replied unperturbed at her daughter's accusatory tone. 'He's back in about three hours Tessa. I'll get your dad to call you.'

'Okay mum. You have a good afternoon. Talk to you soon. I love you.'

'Bye darling. Love you too,' Charlotte ended the call.

'Hi,' Brad greeted his wife with a kiss and a hug.

'Hi,' Tessa mumbled.

'What's bugging you?' Brad asked Tessa, keeping one eye on Daniel who was trying to get to his daddy's mobile in his pocket.

'Daddy is in L.A. by himself,' Tessa scowled.

'So what's the problem?' Brad placed a finger under Tessa's chin forcing her to look at him.

'Why did he go alone?' Tessa demanded. 'What is he up to? Call Joseph,' Tessa instructed her husband.

Brad laughed. 'You want me to spy on your father?'

'Well if I call him, I'm not going to be polite.'

'Your father is over twenty one. He does not need to answer to you or me.'

'That's just Joseph's problem, isn't it?' Tessa was scathing. 'He's never accountable to anybody.'

'Sweetheart,' Brad cast a cursory glance at Lyndon inspecting a toy train of Daniel's. 'I think you are overreacting,' Brad murmured. 'Besides, let's have this conversation later, okay.'

'I want you to call Joseph now,' Tessa insisted.

Brad inhaled and counted to ten. Sometimes when his wife got a bee in her bonnet, it was best to humour her otherwise she could be as prickly as a thorn in one's flesh.

'Pour me a scotch please,' Brad removed his mobile and called his father-in-law.

'Momma?'

'Yes Lyndon.'

'Carry me,' he lifted his arms to Tessa.

'Let's go make daddy a drink,' Tessa lifted Lyndon into her arms. 'Pretty soon you are going to have to carry me,' Tessa laughed.

'You're not cross with me momma?'

Tessa kissed Lyndon on the lips. 'You need to be patient with your brother my angel. He's still a baby.'

'Sorry momma. Daniel is cute when he can't say "love you,"' Lyndon grinned naughtily.

Tessa laughed. 'I need two hands to fix daddy's drink my baby.'