Six: Go On... TELL HER!

Start from the beginning

"Sure, Hans.", I replied- brushing off all the other thoughts in my head.

He smiled, "Cool. I'll see you after school.". He turned around and kept walking.

My heart was racing, in a dopey sort of way. 

Maybe this was the perfect way to forget about Jack...

I've always thought that love hurts... maybe I was wrong.

Loving the wrong person is...

Jack

I ran around the corridors, trying to spot Elsa from the sea of heads. Her hair was a distinct color, nobody but her had it.

"Frost boy!", I rolled my eyes at the sound of my mocked name.

"Hey, Fitz...", I smirked as Flynn approached me and gave me... well that "brotherly" hug thing.

"Haven't seen ya in a while?", he said. "How's Punzie."

"Well, we're going steady...", I bragged. His face kinda fell a little, but it wasn't that noticeable.

I think he's still really going for Punzie... at least I know she's going to a good guy someday.

A platinum head of hair was soon to be seen.

I pushed Flynn out of the way and ran off to Elsa, "Els!"

She seemed startled and added a shrug to her reply, "Hey Jack."

I smiled, trying to find something to say to her, "Well... uh... I just wanted to check on you... You know, to see if you're okay."

She giggled.

How much I've missed that smile of hers...

"I'm fine, Jack."

I dreamily smiled to her sapphire eyes, "Well, okay. Just wanted to know how you're doing."

A cute blush formed on her freckled face, "Thanks, well. I think I need to be going. I have to finish up early, since I'm hanging out with Hans."

"What?", I blurted out. "Hans?... That... Isles?"

"Yes, Jack. I don't see a problem.", she raised a defiant eyebrow.

"I just... I just don't trust that guy, Els.", I reasoned out. I know there's a bajillion more reasons why I don't want her to go out with him.

"Well, I trust him.", she glared at me. "And why should you care?"

There was a moment of silence in the air. The other students passing us seemed to go my in slow motion, and we were standing there— frozen in time.

Go on, dude! TELL HER

"Cause you're... you're my best friend.", I looked down. "I don't want some douchebag to break your heart."