Mothers First Chapter (1)

Today seemed like every other day. I did my job, I cleaned the air, tendered to my fields of flowers and watched over the people of the land. But today wasn't like every other day, was it?

I sat down in the middle of my field with my palms downward. I felt the vibrations of every living thing that touched the Earths surface. The feeling was unexplainable, it gave me a sense of warmth, safety and solitude. Knowing that everything was protected made it all better.

That's when I felt it.

That's when I felt the petrifying darkness.

That's when I realized, not everything was protected anymore.

I sat up in a gasp and looked around me checking if anything was near me. Why am I just feeling this? That's when I caught sight of an animal. A very tall one accompanied by two other beings. I squinted, are those yetis?

I jumped up onto my feet and wiped the dirt off my clothes. "How may I help you?" I asked warily.

"Are you her?" The rabbit asked in an Australian accent. They stepped in front of me.

I looked at the three carefully, "Am I whom?" My eyes traced the rabbits holster that held a boomerang.

"Are you," He looked to see if anyone else was here, "Mother Nature?" He whispered as if the name would burn his tongue.

I smiled nicely and cocked my head. "Who's asking?"

"I'm the Easter Bunny, mate." He said with ease as if I'd faint in front of him. "But, my friends call me Bunnymund. Now, I need you to come with me." He said to me clearly tired of this conversation but trying to be as polite as possible.

"I'm just walking along the fields, I don't know who owns this land. If you're searching for someone, I'm not the person." I chuckled and shook my head ready to end this conversation.

I prepared to walk away when he stopped me. "Those vines around your legs there tell me a different story." I looked down and saw dark green vines attaching themselves to my ankles, outing my secret.

I huffed, "Fine. What do you need."

"I need a couple minutes of your time." He pleaded.

"I'm a very busy woman." I informed him crossing my arms.

He sighed, "Trust me, you'll be grateful."

"Alright," I sighed, "Does this have something to do with what I felt earlier?"

He cocked an eyebrow, "What did you feel?"

I hesitated before answering, "A darkness," I closed my eyes, "A numbing threat to my earth." The clouds above me began to block the bright sun. Seeing this, Bunnymund put a hand on my shoulder as a way to soothe me.

"You'll need to come with me." He said to me softly.

I cleared my throat, slightly embarrassed for my uncontrollable feelings. "Where?"

He nodded to the two Yetis and one of them pulled out a snow globe. He shook it then smashed it into the ground. A large colorful portal appeared in front of him. I stood in awe as the rabbit spoke. "There are people that are just dying to meet you. Ladies first."

I contemplated if I should jump into the random portal made by the very large Australian rabbit, who by the way, was claiming to be the Easter Bunny, and his two larger yeti friends. But if I was real, maybe the fairy tails are too. I shrugged, what else am I going to do?

I walked in and tightly shut my eyes.

-------------