Chapter 11: High Doses

My eyes are now wide open, despite the overwhelming numbing sensation that I feel as a result of the high doses of medicine.

I cannot find it in me to speak, to move.

This is a nightmare and I cannot wait to wake up from it.

"Ms. Salvatierra, can you hear me?" I see the face of a doctor above me.

I nod.

"How are you feeling? Are you in any pain?"

Physical Pain? No. Mental? Yes.

"M-my baby." Are the only words that come out of my mouth.

"Ms. Salvatierra, we did everything we could -"

"No." I cut him off.

"No." I say again.

"Why didn't you save my baby! My baby!" I can no longer control my body as my arms start swinging around and the tears start falling down my face.

"Estela, we need you to try to remain as calm as possible. Please. You are severely injured, any sudden movement can worsen your state."

"I don't care about my state. I care about my baby." I say and close my eyes.

"Where's Justin?" Reality hits as I do not see him in the room. I could not lose him too.

"He is in the next room."

"Can you get him?" I say as I slowly open my eyes. The doctor does not respond and I immediately know that something was wrong.

"What happened. Is he ok?" I begin to scream.

"Estela, Justin is in a coma. The paparazzi car was turned over in the middle of the road, he had to quickly decide whether to steer to the left and have you completely crushed by the car or to steer to the right and have himself crushed by the car. He chose to steer the car in the direction away from you, I am assuming for your protection. Apart from the coma ... He also has a broken arm and a small fracture in one of his legs."

"I need to see him. I need to see him now."

"Estela, you had some internal bleeding, we were able to get in there in time to stop it before anything worse could happen but we need you to stay as still as possible for the next few days. You also have some minor fractures in your left arm and left leg." The doctor says.

"I don't care! I need to see him. Please." I cry out.

"I am sorry Estela, we will do everything we can to have you see him as soon as possible." The doctor says as he turns to the machine next to me.

"I will increase the pain killer dose and you will feel a little more drowsy. Press this red button if you need anything." He says and begins to walk away.

"Wait." My voice cracks as my eye lids begin to flutter and shut. "My baby. W-what was it?"

He looks down at his feet before looking back up to me.

"A girl."

***

Two updates in one day!

Please vote for another!